14th Season Of Uke: "Get On The Bike With Ike"

Holy crow! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I think the thing that I love most about Ike's performances, and that I hoped to at least minimally capture in my take, was his sense of ease while maintaining the utmost in virtuosity.

Yup, that's the key to showmanship. Matty, as a location scout, I think one of the things that pushed you over the edge was your choice of setting. And also and the bike, and the outfit, and of course the performance. Get a sound guy next time though!

Anyway, I give a lot of credit to Christian for starting this whole mess, as the weekly format has really pushed me, and all of us, really, to get better.

The relentless nature of the seasons cycle is a butt kicker for sure! It's the ultimate procrastination machine!

Oh, and Jon, I'd love a vid comparing the two ukes—not so much for decision-making as to give you the opportunity to do at least one more Ike song on each of them, and us the opportunity to hear them.
Yes, please.

Thanks so much for letting me play along here Jon, my eyes are opened to why I play the uke by tuning in here. The camaraderie here has hooked me...such beautiful people playing such wonderful tunes...truly the finest way to spend an afternoon.
Congrats to the winners, but you all win here in Cloverdale- the "Great One" is smiling today. He left us penniless and without anyone to put him to rest, it is nice to see his memory living among at least a small group of us who "get it". These videos will entertain me for a long time.
Cheers all, and please look forward to a season from The Cloverdale Kid...coming soon.

Well Done Matty, J-peg and doug. Brilliant Job.
Thanks so much Jon and all the judges, really appreciate all the work you have put in. And congrats to all fellow entrants for keeping on and coming back week after week to keep this baby growing and rolling and feeding this little mutating monster that Dr Chrimmes invented. I absolutley love hanging out with the big boys and girls (in terms of uke playing ability) you are all such wonderful encouraging supportive people and it is a sheer delight to hang out in this online world with you ALL.

TCK absolute delight to have the pleasure of getting to know you a little through this thread and look forward to seeing your seasons week ? and would love it if you hoped on board now if you have the time :)
Once again many thanks Jon and all LONG LIVE THE SEASONS !!!!

Congrats once again, Matty! I hope you'll understand that I intend it as a compliment when my hired goons show up to break your fingers, as I have determined that that's the only way I'm ever going to beat you in one of these things.
No, seriously, I would never do that. I enjoy hearing you play too much. It is truly an honor to be included in such esteemed company. Thanks again to all the judges.
And to all my fellow seasonists, I don't find the time to comment as much as I'd like in here, to tell you how I enjoy watching your videos and being constantly challenged to up my game. And I've never been good at all the mushy emotional stuff, so I don't have the words to say how much the camaraderie and personalities in this forum have come to mean to me. But I love this place, you guys and these contests.

And a side note to Jnobianchi: Dude! Where the **** did you come from?! First appearance in here and BAM! Knocked it right out of the park. Seriously dude, when I think about how I want to play ukulele someday when I get good enough, in my head it sounds just like what you did there. That totally and completely rocked. Please don't buy a fedora or else between you and Matty and eugeneukulele I'll never win one of these things. Oh, who am I kidding, buy a fedora, whup my ass (metaphorically speaking) and make me like it. Whatever you do, hat or no hat, just KEEP POSTING VIDEOS LIKE THAT. Cuz that was awesome!

Congrats Mattydee and J-Peg, and thanks Jon for a great contest tribute to Ike. And thank you judges (I am not worthy:)). And kudos to all who entered, keep on strumming!

Congrats Matty, and all the winners! What a wonderful week of videos. I'm glad I found the time to enter, if only to be involved. There were a number of simply amazing performances.

congrats winners, great job! Matty, I knew you had it in the bag from the moment I saw the still frame on YouTube :) well done bro
whoever gets the painted uke, please post some nice artsy close up pix (or anyone reading this, pls link me up if pix already exist on this forum somewhere)
thanks judges and host!

Congrats, Mattydee, J-Peg and Dougf. Great paying and swell videos!

Matty - I'll send you the song sheet in PDF for "Charley" - It's a fun tune.

J-Peg - you are too kind. You have to watch it, though; that sort of comment will just encourage me. :D

Hey, while we're at it, I wonder if there's a more coherent version of Paddlin Madelin Home out there? Open to any alternates to my frankenstein monster...
thanks

peewee

Hey, while we're at it, I wonder if there's a more coherent version of Paddlin Madelin Home out there? Open to any alternates to my frankenstein monster...
thanks

peewee
I'll try recording it soon P and pass on the chords to you mate with the clip...she's a toughie but I reckon I'll try simplifying it a touch...

J-Peg - you are too kind. You have to watch it, though; that sort of comment will just encourage me. :D

I hope so.

Matty - I'll send you the song sheet in PDF for "Charley" - It's a fun tune.

Ooh! Ooh! I want one too! I tried to PM you my email address but it says your mailbox is full. I'll try again later.

stevenkaty has exactly 3 posts, all of which are tacked onto the end of contest threads and look similar to this one. So my guess is yes, it's crap.

Top Bottom