Is it still a luna tattoo?

THE GAMEr

Reaction score
Okay, sorry for posting so quickly. This will probably be my only post for a while. I just couldn't the answer in the search.

I bought a ukulele, and It's a luna (concert), and it has the normal tattoo designs, and I really like it. BUT all the photos I see online of them have a black painted headstock. Mine has an unpainted (finished) headstock, so you see the woodgrain.

Is this just another manufacturing line, or what? Thanks!

I get one tattoo concert at home, I swear it's not black. But I'll check when I'm home from work.

My Honu Soprano has a wood headstock, not black.

Well, it has the same tattoo design as the tattoo...maluhia is a bit different. Maybe it's just different manufacturing lines. Maybe they switched at some point?

I had a Luna tattoo as my first officially bought uke (before that it was hand-me-downs), and I do believe it had the black headstock.

You should be happy you got the wood grain one. As much as I liked the look of the Luna, their headstock really bugged me. Way too much and over the top. The black with the ginormous LUNA on it just seemed like it was screaming for attention. A little subtlety can be a nice thing sometimes.

Can we see some pictures? We like looking at pictures of ukes!

arsonses the

True, it does look better. I'm just seeing if there is a difference between the different kinds. Oh well. The only problem I have with it the intonation. Not the greatest, but at 89$, still an awesome buy.

My Luna soprano pineapple tattoo has a wood headstock. Kinda stripey grain, and it seems to be a veneer.

I do dislike the bold logo.

sorry, forgot to reply - it's black headstock.

I took it out when I got home to check, ended up playing it. Then we decided to picnic for dinner so I took it with me. Didn't get back home til after dark and had forgotten why I took it out in the first place!

My daughter's is natural wood. Pretty darn good sounding uke.

I've got Luna Maluhia. It's a sibling of Tattoo. Mine is also with an unpainted headstock. My favorite uke (out of three I own) in terms of size and sound at the moment.
DSCN4388.jpgDSCN4393.jpg

Last edited:
Just bought my luna tattoo a few days ago and it has the wood grain headstock with the sharks teeth tattoo pattern - paid 79 for it and i couldnt be happier with it.

Top Bottom