Weekly newbie challenge ?

Well, let's get you ten posts then!!

What kind of uke do you have? What brought you to the uke?

I have a Les Paul Acoustic/Electric Concert Ukulele. What sparked my interest was seeing this young musician on Youtube play a cover of First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes

I was blown away by the sweet sound of the uke and got obsessed with looking up more covers using the uke. My boyfriend took notice of my sudden uke craze and bought me one as an advanced birthday present <3

I have a Les Paul Acoustic/Electric Concert Ukulele. What sparked my interest was seeing this young musician on Youtube play a cover of First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes

I was blown away by the sweet sound of the uke and got obsessed with looking up more covers using the uke. My boyfriend took notice of my sudden uke craze and bought me one as an advanced birthday present <3

Very thoughtful boyfriend. Beware of UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome), it hits hard and fast.

Very thoughtful boyfriend. Beware of UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome), it hits hard and fast.

Well that warning has come a little too late, I've been hit and ohhh is it bad!

Since I'm on Summer Break I've been playing 2+ hours every day! :p

Where in NY are you ? I just got back from a holiday there 2 weeks ago and bought my first 2 Ukes while I was there.

Where in NY are you ? I just got back from a holiday there 2 weeks ago and bought my first 2 Ukes while I was there.
Well I was in Chelsea; I left back home for the summer (Puerto Rico :) ) Where'd you buy yours? My boyfriend got mine at Sam Ash near Times Square.

My break starts in 7 more school days.
You're soo close! What year are you in? (I say year because I don't know if you're in high school or college or what :p)

scratch that, just saw that you're a teacher :p!

Last edited:
Well I was in Chelsea; I left back home for the summer (Puerto Rico :) ) Where'd you buy yours? My boyfriend got mine at Sam Ash near Times Square.

I bought the Fender at Ludlow Guitars, just down the street from Katz's Deli, and a little Luna "Honu" Soprano from the same Sam Ash store as yours. Sorry I brought the nice weather back home with me ;)

I bought the Fender at Ludlow Guitars, just down the street from Katz's Deli, and a little Luna "Honu" Soprano from the same Sam Ash store as yours. Sorry I brought the nice weather back home with me ;)

Oh I saw the Luna! It was a nice one :)

As for the weather, that's fine! I came to nicer weather in the Caribbean ;)

You're soo close! What year are you in? (I say year because I don't know if you're in high school or college or what :p)

scratch that, just saw that you're a teacher :p!

:biglaugh: I'm guessing you're in college if you went back home. I'm in my 15th year of high school (I guess that makes 19 total :) ) With a few years of college too (undergrad, teaching credential, grad school). What are you majoring in? Have you decided yet?

:biglaugh: I'm guessing you're in college if you went back home. I'm in my 15th year of high school (I guess that makes 19 total :) ) With a few years of college too (undergrad, teaching credential, grad school). What are you majoring in? Have you decided yet?

hhahahah :biglaugh:

I'm majoring in Jewelry Design right now, specializing in bench work (to be a jeweler). Once I finish, I'm planning on studying Web Design.

I got a webcam for about 15 bucks at kmart and a microphone with a usb plug for around 20 on amazon. Just sayin. :) It's not as intimidating to hook up as you may think.
Is that really all it takes? Wow I thought it was all much more techy than that! Food for thought.....thanks for that Freeda! I might put that stuff on my list.....:D

hhahahah :biglaugh:

I'm majoring in Jewelry Design right now, specializing in bench work (to be a jeweler). Once I finish, I'm planning on studying Web Design.

Yeah. You're past ten posts now. Go join!!!

Aw man, it seems I need more than ten. I think it might be more like 25 posts, like another forum site I used to post in. :/

Here's a link to the PoHo thread. It's like a chatroom almost. Introduce yourself, strike up a conversation and you'll have a zillion posts in no time.

Hi. I'm a n00b. Been playing on and off for a year or so. Much like the OP I have found it hard to improve and to choose practice material that will help me improve. I'll have to amp up the confidence a bit to post a video. Not to mention that I'm clueless on how to post a video. Do you have to have a YT account?

Just joined the group.

Hi. I'm a n00b. Been playing on and off for a year or so. Much like the OP I have found it hard to improve and to choose practice material that will help me improve. I'll have to amp up the confidence a bit to post a video. Not to mention that I'm clueless on how to post a video. Do you have to have a YT account?

Just joined the group.
I'd say a YT account would be the simplest and most common option :)

Noob checking in and asking for his to become reality! I started in December and got really serious about playing around February. :)

I'm new and I'm definitely interested, too. I'm not ready for the UU competitions yet, but I'd relish regular challenges a bit less steep.

I like the idea. Very ambitious but certainly doable. Maybe start with a technique of the week, and then follow the next week by incorporating said technique into a song. Even better would be two versions, one absolute beginner and the other for those with at least knowledge of basic chords and strums, but alas, now I'm getting too complicated. I'll keep an eye out to see what transpires.

Top Bottom