Finally found my old Guitar...

Eriquito

Reaction score
So after not playing the guitar for over 10 years and really playing the hell out of the ukulele for about 3, I wonder what advice you fine people may have for someone wanting to get back into it...

I mostly like to strum and sing whilst uke'ing and so I think I would do the same for guitar. Mostly standard stuff although I did like to play acoustic blues a lot as a young pup.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. I am off to buy some new strings for it today!

You just got to pick it up and play. I started playing guitar when I was 11. I played consistently (even in a heavy metal band) until I was about 16. Put it away... for a long time. Fast forward 9 years. Moved to Hawaii, heard slack key guitar, and got the bug to start playing. I've been really jamming on the ukulele and have been playing slack key. I've also been playing my electric too . You just got to leave a guitar out, so you can pick it up and play when it strikes you. If it strikes you to play, just pick it up. It helps for me that I have a musically inclined girlfriend too. We often play together.

That was kind of rambling, but you get the idea. Good luck.

You might need to condition your fingertips again a bit, but, in a short time, you'll be enjoying your guitar. Then, record a mixture of guitar and uke tracks and have fun with it.

i thing is for certain, your wrist and fingertipps may be sore for a while again....

So after not playing the guitar for over 10 years and really playing the hell out of the ukulele for about 3, I wonder what advice you fine people may have for someone wanting to get back into it...

I mostly like to strum and sing whilst uke'ing and so I think I would do the same for guitar. Mostly standard stuff although I did like to play acoustic blues a lot as a young pup.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. I am off to buy some new strings for it today!

Keep it out and keep it handy. MOST of my guitars hang on the wall in my office, so I can grab one whenever I want.

I kind of got away from playing because of arthritis in my left hand, but I trying to get back into it.

Here's my wall. Tried playing with the new Pano feature on my iPhone. The two black squire strats are going though, I just got them cheap to fix up and sell. I have a Steinberger, but being headless, it's a little hard to hang on the wall.

The most played guitar on that wall is that last black Ovation. My absolute go-to guitar. I got an Applause Uke to go with it.

Attachments

• g-wall.jpg
    g-wall.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm about to unload most of my guitars. I'm keeping a few favorites, but I've got a bunch I don't play anymore. I find that I play uke so much that when I grab a guitar, I suffer from deadly chord mix up for while.

Top Bottom