17th season of the ukulele...

I just found a perfect song ...about an animal, although it doesn't mention the type of animal...I'm going to learn it, I'm going to practice it, and then I'm going to show you just one take!

Last edited:
I've been wanting to play "Mr. Bojangles". it sounds really good[to me anyway] on my bari. is that too much of a stretch? one verse does reference the demise of his DOG, and his unending grief over its death. And , thanks , sillydave, great topic and awesome prizes.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to play "Mr. Bojangles". it sounds really good[to me anyway] on my bari. is that too much of a stretch? one verse does reference the demise of his DOG, and his unending grief over its death.

works for me! as long as an animal is mentioned in the song, it's good! have fun!

You try to get out, but they pull you back in!
Not really, i've just been crazy busy.
This one? I'm in! Love the idea, love the twist, love everything!
I'm gonna record it on Wednesday, at my gig.

You try to get out, but they pull you back in!
Not really, i've just been crazy busy.
This one? I'm in! Love the idea, love the twist, love everything!
I'm gonna record it on Wednesday, at my gig.
is it fair to have professionals judged along side us amateurs? just kidding.

Hahaha.... While "Dead Skunk" is a wonderful tune, I'm going for a yet unlearned one.... And just a tad bit more sentimental ;-)

This might be a tough week. YouTube has changed something in its software, and now when I press the Upload button it just goes into an infinite loop.

Very cool Dave! Hey...do I get bonus points for almost stopping in to visit you on the way back from UWC?

I stopped at my friend's in Springield MO for a couple days, looked up Eureka Springs on the map and it was a little out of the way for the rest of the trip back but a pretty drive - then I discovered to my great sadness that I'd deleted the PM that mentioned the name of your restaraunt. Well, maybe next year!

John

Very cool Dave! Hey...do I get bonus points for almost stopping in to visit you on the way back from UWC?

I stopped at my friend's in Springield MO for a couple days, looked up Eureka Springs on the map and it was a little out of the way for the rest of the trip back but a pretty drive - then I discovered to my great sadness that I'd deleted the PM that mentioned the name of your restaraunt. Well, maybe next year!

John
best fare in Eureka Springs, looks like a very cool joint...you have live music too Dave?
http://www.sparkysroadhouse.com/

This might be a tough week. YouTube has changed something in its software, and now when I press the Upload button it just goes into an infinite loop.

I just recently started having problems, too (although not as severe as yours.) I found I have better luck uploading lower quality formats (like MPG) instead of HQ AVI.

I just recently started having problems, too (although not as severe as yours.) I found I have better luck uploading lower quality formats (like MPG) instead of HQ AVI.

The format is irrelevant. Just hitting the upload button puts the software into an infinite loop. I never even get to the page where I would link YouTube to the video file.

The format is irrelevant. Just hitting the upload button puts the software into an infinite loop. I never even get to the page where I would link YouTube to the video file.

What browser are you using? Chrome hasn't given me that particular problem (yet), and it's made by Google (who also owns YT), so if you're not using Chrome you could try that.

Just a guess, though.

I uploaded my Crowded House tiple video Wednesday, and it wasn't a problem then. Suddenly it's a problem today.

I think I've found a back door, though. The Canon ZoomBrowser program I use for making the videos has a button to upload to YouTube via the software. I clicked on that and it seems to be working.

All right, got it uploaded.

Be careful what you wish for, Dave. With only one take, I had to record when I thought I had the best chance of getting through without an interruption. Which meant not taking an hour to do my vocal warmups. Which meant my voice is...umm...unseemly. These are notes I usually hit, but I just might have done some yelling at the TV set during last night's Celtics game. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is a song called "Paper Kitten Nightmare" by a band called Margot and the Nuclear So and So's.

Be careful what you wish for, Dave. With only one take, I had to record when I thought I had the best chance of getting through without an interruption. Which meant not taking an hour to do my vocal warmups. Which meant my voice is...umm...unseemly. These are notes I usually hit, but I just might have done some yelling at the TV set during last night's Celtics game. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is a song called "Paper Kitten Nightmare" by a band called Margot and the Nuclear So and So's.

Meow. Merrreow. Mrrreow. Prrrrrrr.

[translation: Nice one. Way to get this challenge started right. Great, spirited performance. Gracias.]

bold choice and playing;)

Top Bottom