Ukulele featured on opening to Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

mikelz777

Reaction score
Jimmy Fallon opened his show tonight (Friday, 6/8) with The Roots and Carly Rae Jepsen singing her song "Call Me Maybe". It was actually very cool. They were all packed, wall to wall, in this tiny room and they were all playing unusual instruments like a triangle, bongos, toy xylophone, kazoos, tamborines, melodica, drum and mallet, etc., and one of the Roots was playing a ukulele! I couldn't see the brand on it clearly but from the shape of the head and the appearance of the headstock lettering it looked to be a (concert?) Lanikai. The performance looked loose and thrown together at the last minute but it sounded really great. I'm hoping I can find a video of it somewhere on the internet because I'd like to see it again. It looks like everyone was having a blast!

Last edited:
That was pretty cool. :)

Cool, great performance...I remember having one of those mini Casio keyboards as a kid, predominantly featured in Trio's Da Da Da song.

That was most excellent!

HO! Mahalo Bruddah Mike for sharing this wonderful video!

That's what it's all about ... having good kine fun!!!:smileybounce:

Good find! Love it!

Does anyone know what the uke chords were?

Does anyone know what the uke chords were on the Fallon / Roots video of Call Me Maybe

Jimmy Fallon has been quietly creating one of the best shows on late night tv. His musical bits are endlessly creative, and this one is certainly no exception.

agreed! his Tim Tebowie stuff was amazing on so many counts
Jimmy Fallon has been quietly creating one of the best shows on late night tv. His musical bits are endlessly creative, and this one is certainly no exception.

I tried to figure it out by watching his left hand closely but I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't tell which fingers were fretting and which ones were floating plus he wraps his thumb so far around the neck that he's probably fretting with his thumb as well.

Top Bottom