Euro 2012??

Frank,

I wonder whether the feeling in Italy is that Prandelli ought to give Giovinco more time on the pitch? He's got tons of energy and a very clever aspect to him. I know it's difficult to find a spot for him with Balo and Cassano out front, but I can see him in an attacking midfield role or third forward in a 4-3-3 (like Spain plays)

Who do you think ought to be on instead of Thiago Motta? My first thought was Montolivo, but he seems more a playmaker like Pirlo, and not nearly a strong support/defender. Perhaps Nocerino?

Anyway, since Croatia are out, I am now no longer split in support. Forza Azzurri!

I'm honestly not a huge a fan of Giovinco's, though he's getting better lately, i think he can do his best as a substitute in the last minutes because of his pace. I prefer Cassano-Di Natale. Balotelli it's often way too much unsympathetic. Too bad because he's got talent.
Anyway i think we miss a real striker, a la Mario Gomez.

In the midfield i would play with Marchiso-Pirlo-Nocerino and De Rossi like in the first two matches as a defender.
Montolivo is good, he's got a very good right foot, but he's too patchy (it's the first time i use this word...did i use it right?).

Prandelli for sure knows soccer better than me, so i wanna trust him.

It's nice to know we have supporters in the US!

ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA!

i'm very happy for yesterday's match. we played very well and deserved to win. too bad we did it only after penalty kicks.
watching a player like Pirlo is one of the beauties of football...he's incredible and he's getting better with age.

anyway England really disappointed me, i saw their other matches and saw that they "cared" about defence a lot, but you can't play this way. usually Englad teams never give up, they run till the last second and they have an incredible grit...this time i didn't see any of these qualities.

and now...Germany. maybe the best team i've seen so far.

The Italy - England game was a huge disappointment. Not the result, because Italy clearly deserved to win, but the English seemed to play the most cynical style of football I've seen in a long time. And, I really hate penalty shootouts. I think after the 30min extra time, the game should go to a Golden Goal.

But what seemed to be really troubling to me was how poor the Azzurri looked in the attack. There were at least five clear scoring chances that weren't converted, and that doesn't even count the two hit crossbars! I lost count of how many times Pirlo or Montolivo made lovely passes in the box that were wasted because of a poorly timed run, or just poor effort. Balotelli particularly seemed to be out of synch with his teammates, often going left when the pass was right, or just stopping a run, or just pouting when he didn't have success. Even worse, there were far too many passes that were too soft, too hard, or just to the wrong place by almost everyone.

But even worse was that there were too many defensive errors that almost cost the game. I had no idea Chiellini was so important to the back four! Gigi made three very critical saves (especially that one in the first 15 minutes) to bail out the team, but if they play that poorly against Germany, players like Ozil, Khedira, and Scweinsteiger are going to carve them to pieces!

Maybe that was just a bad game for Italy. I certainly hope so. In any case, I liked the energy that the Pirlo - Montolivo pairing gave. And bringing Diamante in was a huge shot of energy. They will need that creativity to move on to the final.

Yeah you are right to say that rooney was missing that mach...i loved rooney such a superb player he is.....in my point of view Germany was not a hot favorite because balack was retired...but unfortunately English team was not qualify the second round....
Floor Scale

Last edited:
Top Bottom