18th season of the Ukulele...

just needed some contest clarification: are newer (popular) songs allowed at all? or is this another by-gone era genre contest as i dont know any

The age/era doesn't matter - just that it is a duet.
You can even do an original song, if you'd like.

-Kurt​

if we have no one to do a duet with--none of my friends sing and my family is on a different continent--can I do both parts of a duet by myself and edit them together?

I'll defer to TCK on this one, Austin, but it looks like the answer is no.

However, Dave is the final arbiter, and you have such a lovely voice...

-Kurt​

if we have no one to do a duet with--none of my friends sing and my family is on a different continent--can I do both parts of a duet by myself and edit them together?

Hmmm, I wonder if something like skype would work for a distance collab? If one person could capture the skype session... Just throwing out ideas here - I don't have skype and I'm on DSL so I suspect my upload speed (~256k) would be too low to support something like this anyway. Still, some of you folks with real internet connections might be able to pull it off...

John

Here is our entry for Duet Week. the Sophisticated Ladies (Myrna Ukelele and Gladys Gottacello) recorded live at the Granite Creek Music Festival.

You guys are the best-fielding questions while I am off messing around!
@weerpool- Kurt is right, play any song you like with someone you like.
@ Austin..PM sent.

I am going to say something stupid...I love you! Thanks guys, what a great end to a stupendous day. You nailed the tune, you nodded to my long gone musical heroes, and you made me go wake my wife to give her a kiss. Nice first video. Thanks for playing along Ukelites.
Duet? Sure! Bonus for Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye? Great idea, but quite a challenge to sing that, TCK!

Here's our entry!
"Something Stupid" had been taken into the charts by Frank and Nancy Sinatra in 1967, and then in the same year Marvin and Tammi delivered their version. In 2001 the song has been in the public ear via the version of Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman. But our fav always has been Tammi's and Marvin's version!
Hope you like ours!

Sophisticated Ladies indeed! I have long known I ought to watch the videos Miss Myrna puts on here, but now we have Gladys too? And a bear dressed for tea? This is beautiful ladies, Your voices fit together like pieces in a puzzle...well done.
And wait- a bonus track? One of my favorite songs EVER? And a fellow obviously dancing with his daughter? It is no secret the Cloverdale Kid wears his heart on his sleeve, and what a happy heart it is right now.
Here is our entry for Duet Week. the Sophisticated Ladies (Myrna Ukelele and Gladys Gottacello) recorded live at the Granite Creek Music Festival.

I LOVE YOU!!!

Here's our entry!
"Something Stupid" had been taken into the charts by Frank and Nancy Sinatra in 1967, and then in the same year Marvin and Tammi delivered their version. In 2001 the song has been in the public ear via the version of Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman. But our fav always has been Tammi's and Marvin's version!
Hope you like ours!
[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Whoa! 18th season is here. I am thrilled to be a judge. Thank you Dave. Now to do my homework. You tube Tammi Terrill; Google panache.

My brother and I will be sure to put up a little performance as well =).

Whoa! 18th season is here. I am thrilled to be a judge. Thank you Dave. Now to do my homework. You tube Tammi Terrill; Google panache.
Where is the like button on this darn forum?
Here she is Rox...on top of the world at 22 years old.

Thanks for helping me judge these- it ain't going to be easy I can see already.
:)

Last edited:
I'm ready for this one... And I'll give an extra 2 points to anyone who understands the meaning of "panache", and demonstrates it literally in the video - Just DON"T SAY WHAT IT IS - SHOW it to me!

-Kurt​
I think we all know that Uncle Elvis has THOSE two extra points in the bag already.

Sophisticated Ladies indeed! I have long known I ought to watch the videos Miss Myrna puts on here, but now we have Gladys too? And a bear dressed for tea? This is beautiful ladies, Your voices fit together like pieces in a puzzle...well done.
And wait- a bonus track? One of my favorite songs EVER? And a fellow obviously dancing with his daughter? It is no secret the Cloverdale Kid wears his heart on his sleeve, and what a happy heart it is right now.

Great as always! Perfect stage! :cheers:

That was beautiful. The two of you harmonize perfectly. Wish I could sing like that.

Great job ladies. Gladys...I thought you were Italian until I "got" the name :)

Oh thank you all for the kind words :) It was serendipity that we were able to enter a duet for this week - my dear friend Gladys was at the festival and we had a set onstage Sunday (after staying up all night on Saturday playing wild and wonderful music with fun and crazy musicians- so we are a little sleep deprived in this vid...). We've been singing together for many years but she lives hundreds of miles away from me so we only get together occasionally.
Yes- the bear looks quite fine in her lovely hat.

Duet? Sure! Bonus for Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye? Great idea, but quite a challenge to sing that, TCK!

Here's our entry!
Hope you like ours!

You two definitely have the duet thing down lol! I just love listening to the wonderful music you make together.

Top Bottom