18th season of the Ukulele...

I LOVE YOU!!!

Here's our entry!
"Something Stupid" had been taken into the charts by Frank and Nancy Sinatra in 1967, and then in the same year Marvin and Tammi delivered their version. In 2001 the song has been in the public ear via the version of Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman. But our fav always has been Tammi's and Marvin's version!
Hope you like ours!
[/QUOTE

That's fantastic. I love watching your videos and wish my wife was into playing music (at least get the kids involved). Great background you used as well.

Here is our entry for Duet Week. the Sophisticated Ladies (Myrna Ukelele and Gladys Gottacello) recorded live at the Granite Creek Music Festival.
What a lovely sound you both make, I love your style! And I loved Alaska when I visited back in 93.... That's just lovely - shame about pink-tee-shirt-man in the bonus track! ;D

That's fantastic. I love watching your videos and wish my wife was into playing music (at least get the kids involved). Great background you used as well.

Thanks, Ukuleledaddy!
The background is my special idea, you can easily do this yourself (for a video take or even a small gig): Just take a rescue blanket/ warming foil from the first aid kit and fix it on the wall! Looks like bars of gold (or silver) and is available in every drugstore! :eek:ld:
Looking forward to your entry with your daughters! Have fun!

What a lovely sound you both make, I love your style! And I loved Alaska when I visited back in 93.... That's just lovely - shame about pink-tee-shirt-man in the bonus track! ;D
Why thank you barefootgypsy- we love singing together although we seldom get the chance to do so. And the T-shirt man is Glady's son- he's waltzing with her 5-year-old granddaughter. So it's all good.:eek:

Why thank you barefootgypsy- we love singing together although we seldom get the chance to do so. And the T-shirt man is Glady's son- he's waltzing with her 5-year-old granddaughter. So it's all good.:eek:
Ooops! :eek: So it's all as it should be - That's good news! It looked like a really great day!

BUMP!

it is Wednesday, and only two entries???

Granted, they are both pretty fantabulous, but...

C'Mon people! We know that you're out there!

(grumble, grumble....)

-Kurt​

uploading my entry now :) it was besieged with misfortune, my finger nail split on my strumming finger, struggled with one section of the song and then the camera battery ran out on a good take,lol so it will be uploaded soon(ish)

Exactly what the doctor ordered boys! So great in spite of calamities (still patiently awaiting the torrent of expletives :)). I am going to spend the rest of the day whistling guys- thanks for playing along!
*character exits stage right, quietly whistling the tune of "London Girl" as he smiles and adjusts his hat
Well here is my entry after a calamity of events, Thanks Dave for running this week :)

Well here is my entry after a calamity of events, Thanks Dave for running this week :)

nice job Dave and Simon, managed to squeeze in some absolute classics in that arrangement. Cool threads, smooth playin, kazoo mastery, women everywhere...what's not to like!!!! Happy days are here again, sure made this old time music junkie smile. :)

many thanks Dave and Jon, really enjoyed it, apart from my nail wearing away and ripping,I am having terrible trouble with my strumming nail of late, never used to be a problem, I only went to the nail bar this morning to get it fixed up for this video, bit worried i am not going to be able to play the uke for a while :(
Thanks for the feedback and i love playing the old tunes, many thanks on behalf of simon and me :)

AMAZING!!! Some great duets this week but to me, this is what an uke duet is all about, jumpy rhythm, loud shirts, funny hats, you got it all, outstanding job you two!!... and Davey, have you tried super glue for that nail? I wouldn't make a habit of it but it has helped me mend myself on a few occasions ;)

This place or your playing wouldnt be the same without you mate
Many thanks Drew :) it is really strange how my nail has decided to go all pete tong on me. I have been searching the net like mad for remedies or cures, not sure if i have been over doing the playing, had alot of gigs with my uke club last few weeks, averaging about 90 min sets and i try to practice everyday.

Top Bottom