20th season of the ukulele

hey there seasonists! here's my entry! great theme miriam & steffen!

Oh yes, that's one of the songs we hoped for! We were listening cheek to cheek and crooning with you, Dave! Thanks for your entry! :cheers:

Wow, already two entries! Great!

I had 15 minutes to record today, so why not? This is the Talking Heads song "Heaven". Which still leaves "Thank You for Sending Me an Angel" and "Swamp" ("the devil, he has a plan...") for someone else. Two beats vanished mysteriously from the intro. I suspect foul play.

I had 15 minutes to record today, so why not? This is the Talking Heads song "Heaven". Which still leaves "Thank You for Sending Me an Angel" and "Swamp" ("the devil, he has a plan...") for someone else. Two beats vanished mysteriously from the intro. I suspect foul play.

Uke4ia, that's definitely a cool heaven song! We haven't heard that one for a long time! Your voice fits very well for David Byrne songs! Thanks for your entry!

This seems to become a season with a lot of entries and different styles of music! :drool:

Good, varied choices here. Looks like we're going to have a good season.

hey there seasonists! here's my entry! great theme miriam & steffen!

http://youtu.be/Uu2G53nIxqU

Good choice and excellent rendering of a great song.

A very impressive start! You have got a perfect voice for these folk songs! Thanks for your entry and your Douglas Adams vid!

Thanks. I think it has to do with singing songs that speak to you in some way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tg9Dr3LHFA

Another good choice of song. Nice one!

A traditional English song; Dives and Lazarus. The story is based on a parable in St. Luke's gospel.

Very nice. I know this song from a rock version June Tabor and the Oyster Band did in the late '80s. It ended with a verse that had Dives saying something like "Hell is dark/Hell is deep/Hell is full of mice/It's a pity that any poor sinful soul should embark on a second life".

Very nice. I know this song from a rock version June Tabor and the Oyster Band did in the late '80s. It ended with a verse that had Dives saying something like "Hell is dark/Hell is deep/Hell is full of mice/It's a pity that any poor sinful soul should embark on a second life".

I have that verse. It ends by wishing you a "Happy New Year". I left it out as this was a non seasonal version and it was long enough at 4'30" :music::stop:

Here's my entry for the week. Thanks so much to The Ukelites for hosting this week. Here's Heaven Is A Honky Tonk by Ray LaMontagne.

We didn't know this song! Very nice one! Thanks Daddy!

More HEAVENLY entries so far, maybe because it was SUNDAY!
Now let's see if Monday brings us some HELL...

Excellent theme, Ukelites, should garner some wonderful selections......and great entries so far from Geoff, Dave, Jim, & the Daddy..... - Jim, that Talking Heads tune was one of the first songs that popped into my head when I saw the theme this week - nice job on it.....

After judging week 18, I was inspired to throw my hat in the ring.....worked up a great arrangement of Ernest Tubb's 'Driftwood On The River' for Myrna's week, but had a hectic several days and wasn't able to get it recorded by the deadline..... got a few in mind for this one, though - at least one of them will get done.....

Excellent theme, Ukelites, should garner some wonderful selections......and great entries so far from Geoff, Dave, Jim, & the Daddy..... - Jim, that Talking Heads tune was one of the first songs that popped into my head when I saw the theme this week - nice job on it.....

After judging week 18, I was inspired to throw my hat in the ring.....worked up a great arrangement of Ernest Tubb's 'Driftwood On The River' for Myrna's week, but had a hectic several days and wasn't able to get it recorded by the deadline..... got a few in mind for this one, though - at least one of them will get done.....

We're looking forward to your entry!

I have a song in mind that has the word "hell" in it three times and "angel" once. It's not a song related to any of those subjects but has the words in. Is that valid? Sorry to ask what may seem a dumb question but I'm a newbie to UU. :)

I dare someone to do a uke cover of this. There's so much autotune used to correct this guy's voice. Who do they think they're fooling?

I have a song in mind that has the word "hell" in it three times and "angel" once. It's not a song related to any of those subjects but has the words in. Is that valid? Sorry to ask what may seem a dumb question but I'm a newbie to UU. :)

That will count for sure! Looking forward to your song!

I almost accepted this challenge, song unheard. I am glad I did not. I am sorry to have heard 40% of this song. Kids these days...
I dare someone to do a uke cover of this. There's so much autotune used to correct this guy's voice. Who do they think they're fooling?

Awesome!

Sean,
That was totally awesome! Really tagged it and made it your own. The feeling you put in it can be felt. Now I want to get drunk, ride a train and get in a fight. Thanks.

Here's my entry for the week. Thanks so much to The Ukelites for hosting this week. Here's Heaven Is A Honky Tonk by Ray LaMontagne.

Wow, this is still going. I might have to jump back in.

I found a song and I am learning it now. I am determined to enter this time.
Hear this nUUb ROAR! grrrr meow

I just hope no one else picks my song and shows how it really should be done ;)

Thanks Ukulites for hosting and entertaining us in this one.

Top Bottom