20th season of the ukulele

You are all lucky that Sillydave got Cheek to Cheek in, because I was a long way off from making that one work. Then Uke4ia grabs the Talking Heads one...so I'm going hellfire...

Here's some brimstone for you. In the spirit of the Meat Puppets, it's lo-fi in every way, and includes a Curt Kirkwood vocal tribute as well. Hard to believe this song has been kicking around for nearly 30 years.

here's the Meat Puppets doing it. http://youtu.be/DLwb49ax0Ro

I dare someone to do a uke cover of this. There's so much autotune used to correct this guy's voice. Who do they think they're fooling?

I won't ask how you came to be familiar with that song.

Ya know, I like a well crafted pop song as much as anybody. And sometimes you hear some overly produced autotuned piece of crap and think that's all it is, but then you look at the words and the melody without all the slick production and find a nice little song under there that, presented simply and properly, really shines.

This is not one of those times.

You are all lucky that Sillydave got Cheek to Cheek in, because I was a long way off from making that one work. Then Uke4ia grabs the Talking Heads one...so I'm going hellfire...

Here's some brimstone for you. In the spirit of the Meat Puppets, it's lo-fi in every way, and includes a Curt Kirkwood vocal tribute as well. Hard to believe this song has been kicking around for nearly 30 years.

here's the Meat Puppets doing it. http://youtu.be/DLwb49ax0Ro

Wow, what an awesome setting/ costume! :rock: This season's gonna be a rainbow of styles! Thank you, Peewee!

Ya know, I like a well crafted pop song as much as anybody. And sometimes you hear some overly produced autotuned piece of crap and think that's all it is, but then you look at the words and the melody without all the slick production and find a nice little song under there that, presented simply and properly, really shines.
I know what you mean. We had to do a cover of Britney Spears (Toxic, a totally overproduced song) and were not amused about that choice. But then we really liked the song.

The always amazing Nickel Creek convinced that Toxic is a great song.:D

And Richard Thompson did a great version of "Oops! I Did It Again". I wasn't as enthused when a friend roped me into playing "Womanizer", but it turned out okay: Womanizer

It doesn't matter!

It doesn't matter! Just get your version in. Each person has their own spin and they are all unique and good. I entered the Moku Ukulele giveaway the other day. I entered doing my own version of Redemption Song. I swear to you, not 30 minutes later another completely awesome version that sounded nothing like mine was uploaded. I was a bit jealous, but it's the whole idea. Different versions make it fun. So, even if someone does your song, do it any ways. Don't be intimidated, show us what you got because we're gonna love it. Looking forward to seeing your vid.

I found a song and I am learning it now. I am determined to enter this time.
Hear this nUUb ROAR! grrrr meow

I just hope no one else picks my song and shows how it really should be done ;)

Thanks Ukulites for hosting and entertaining us in this one.

I'm hoping someone will get a Mick Jagger freak on and do a uke version of "Sympathy for the Devil."

Feel free to be the one who does it!
It's fun coming out of the comfort zone and take part! :nana:

@29moons: Totally agreed!

It doesn't matter! Just get your version in. Each person has their own spin and they are all unique and good. I entered the Moku Ukulele giveaway the other day. I entered doing my own version of Redemption Song. I swear to you, not 30 minutes later another completely awesome version that sounded nothing like mine was uploaded. I was a bit jealous, but it's the whole idea. Different versions make it fun. So, even if someone does your song, do it any ways. Don't be intimidated, show us what you got because we're gonna love it. Looking forward to seeing your vid.

Agreed as well..... I've got a pretty obvious tune picked out and I'm trying to recruit a cast of thousands (or at least six or seven) from our weekly family & friends music night this weekend to make a video. If someone else happens to pick that tune..... oh well.....

Lot's of fun - I've never heard that song before. Not sure if it's 'cause I'm old or if I've just led a sheltered life... :)

John

I really like that song. I don't think I've heard it before. I took a gamble that the title was probably "Never Alone" and found the lyrics online. Great song!

My entry:

Wanted to do something funny but maybe the next season...

I'm hoping someone will get a Mick Jagger freak on and do a uke version of "Sympathy for the Devil."
You're getting closer to entering with each post..jumpsuit on...pout those lips out, left hand on hip, point with right hand and repeat after me "please allow me to innuhduce mahseff..."

You're getting closer to entering with each post..jumpsuit on...pout those lips out, left hand on hip, point with right hand and repeat after me "please allow me to innuhduce mahseff..."

Oh baby, I can do THAT....I just can't play the uke and do that. My feeble playing is more along the line of a gentle "My Blue Heaven."

I appreciate the encouragement, though. "...I'm a [wo]man of wealth and taste..."

Top Bottom