Living Water Strings

Recently put Living Water Strings on my first uke (so cool I can say "first uke" - just got a new Mainland red cedar soprano - love it!). Anyhoo, the Living Waters are on a Kala laminate concert. Sounds much better, and for me feels much better. And Ken gets them to you quickly considering the distance they travel. I'm a believer.

Just ordered a set for my Koaloha soprano-I can't wait to see what the fuss is all about! ;)
No problems with ordering via PayPal-conversion was done automatically so I knew what I was paying before I confirmed.

I've had LW strings on my flea for about a month. I put them on because of the praises they got on here. Prior to that I was using the stock Aquilas that came with the FLea. We all have different preferences and so far I like the aquilas better. The LW strings have to be retuned frequently and I realize that the main reason for this is that they are new. My current plan is just to tune, play some, re-tune, and let the uke set for a week. then I'll repeat this procedure for 4 weeks. I used to play my Flea more, but now I don't even want to play it since the strings don't feel right to me. If I can't get the LW strings to break in by then, I'll go back to the aquilas--which seem thicker to me and that may be why I like them better.

Stan

I have to say that the LW strings I now have on my Tenor settled down WAY faster than the Aquilas on my Soprano (and the ones previously on the Tenor) and the Clifford Essex strings on my Concert. I have to retune all of my ukes, if only fractionally, before I play them and the LWS seem no different in that regard.

Having now played them, I think I'll be restringing all my ukes with them - shame there's no 'gold' alternative though, as it would be far nicer aesthetically on my Soprano ....... :D What about it Ken? :D

I'm having my Kala tenor and Noah concert set up with your strings on Monday after a set came installed on my new Tom Collins Soprano. I'm also trying out low G's on both of them. Fun times!

Didn't know this thread existed, been using them on nearly all my ukes for about the last 6 months, very comfortable feel to them, & much better sound, to my ears.

Most of my ukes came with Aquila, but I found them tough going on my fingers, & lacking sustain, which prompted me to look for something else.

D'Addario where my first to be tried, & I quite liked them, but when I got the LW's, I knew which suited me best. :)

I too just discovered this thread, after I ordered a Tenor and a Soprano set from Uke Republic. I am just beginning to explore different string sets, and I ordered these and also 2 sets of Martin strings. After reading through all the posts seems most people are quite happy with these strings. I'll post my experience once I get them.

cheers

Top Bottom