What are the best Tropical/Hawaiian sounding Uke songs?

mac336

Reaction score
I love how the uke sounds when playing that type of music

looking for some recommendations

Check out "Pandanus" by Peter Moon. It's one of my favorite "tropical" 'ukulele songs. Other than that you might try looking up Troy Fernandez and his great album "Hawaiian Style 'Ukulele".

Everyone has different preferences....Like if you say what is the best tasting food?? go to You Tube and listen to a few...
What I like may not be what you like... If you say what are some top local or hawaiian songs...that would help...I like the old Kalapana....

Perhaps a more interesting question might be "what chord sequences/combinations sound Hawaiian ?"

I just had to correct the spelling . . . it just drives me nuts when Hawaiian is misspelled.

HO! Bruddah Danny!

How you, Brah? I stay having good fun posting some uke vids! Eh, my custom VP uke going get stahted pretty soon! Have one awesome weekend, Brah!:cheers:

Here's Da Ukulele Boyz, Ledward Kaapana, & George Kahumoku Jr. playing and singing da song "Holei"

Everyone has different preferences....Like if you say what is the best tasting food?? go to You Tube and listen to a few...
What I like may not be what you like... If you say what are some top local or hawaiian songs...that would help...I like the old Kalapana....

hey stan..
i love the old kalapana songs too..you remember c and k too? how about jerry santos..

hey stan..
i love the old kalapana songs too..you remember c and k too? how about jerry santos..

Yup, I love C and K(friends) and Jerry Santos(Olomana) Ku'u Home O kahaluu.. Na leo ( I miss you hawaii) John Cruz( island style) Willie K, Bruddah Waltah(sweet Lady Of Wai'ahole, Bruddah Iz...ha ha get so many...
can go forevas...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB9cLfsQiEs
Days of my youth Kui lee/Do Ho:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRAVbeLFnI
Waimanalo Blues(Keola Beamer) Molokai Slide...

Last edited:
Here's Aunty Genoa Keawe's grand daughter, Pomaika'i Keawe Lyman, playing da uke and singing just like her grandma on da NightTime with Andy Bumatai Show.

I sort of met Andy Bumatai yesterday. He was MCing a show my band played at and he kept asking me how to say Uncle George Kahumoku's last name. I didn't realize it was him at the time...

There's some good stuff on here! Just about any Hawaiian song sounds good on the 'ukulele regardless of what the original instrumentation was.

Another few:

Kawika by the Sunday Manoa (more Peter Moon!)
E Wai'anae by the Pandanus Club
Ipo Lei Momi by Keali'i Reichel features a young Jake

Top Bottom