Season 23?

TCK

Reaction score
Is no one ready to step in and do this one? I have no idea what I would do for prizes, but I will run it if there are no takers- not ready to let this go yet.
I can figure out prizes pretty easily later.

TCK - Thanks for offering to host Season 23. I've been wanting to host a season for a while (and participate more fully in the past few seasons), but my family and I have just moved and I haven't been able to come up for air. However, most of the essentials are now unpacked and I have slightly more time than I have had recently. I'll go ahead and host Season 23, though I fear I may not have as much time as I would like to comment as the week goes on. Like yourself, I don't want to see this ride end either and I've had such a blast both watching and participating as I'm able. I do have a prize or two and may be able to enlist a few "judges".

Yay ukuleledaddy! (that was an official volunteering, right?)
You might find that the week when you most need to have lots of time is the one immediately following the contest.
Tabulating everything is a job, I'm stuck at finding time to produce my announcement vid, I keep learning old country songs instead...

Thank you for hosting, daddy!

PeeWee - Yes indeed, that was an official volunteering however timid it may have sounded.

If anyone who has hosted before has any tips on how to judge, keep score, etc. I would certainly appreciate it. I'll be going out of town early Sunday morning so, not to step on any of 23Skidoo's toes but, I may have to post the challenge itself Saturday night instead of Sunday.

I look forward to seeing y'all mosey on over to Season 23, in the meantime keep rustlin' up them mighty fine tunes for Season 22. Yeehaw.

When I hosted one I kept notes and scored the vids as the week went by as I watched each new vid. Then, when it came time to do the final judging it went a bit quicker as all I had to do was refresh my memory and make sure I hadn't had a "harsh day" or an "easy day" during the week. I still watched them all again but I didn't have to agonize over them. :)

John

PeeWee - Yes indeed, that was an official volunteering however timid it may have sounded.

If anyone who has hosted before has any tips on how to judge, keep score, etc. I would certainly appreciate it. I'll be going out of town early Sunday morning so, not to step on any of 23Skidoo's toes but, I may have to post the challenge itself Saturday night instead of Sunday.

I look forward to seeing y'all mosey on over to Season 23, in the meantime keep rustlin' up them mighty fine tunes for Season 22. Yeehaw.

Thanks daddy and you too, Dave.

I'll probably be picking up another week but probably not until October as I am going to be swamped on this major project at work right through September. If I'm still swamped after September then I'm in deep doodie as the project is due then...

If we make it to week 52 I might be able to scrape together a "special" prize and make a big deal of it - assuming I'm still employed by then and assuming that Christian doesn't want the honor (since he started this whole thing).

John

Way to go Sean- and congratulations on the new digs! Can't wait to see what you come up with for us!

Yay TCK and Ukuleledaddy for hosting!
I came late to the seasons party, but I think I am hooked.
I would very much like to host also, but my personal time is a nightmare at the moment. As soon as we get some more help at work I think it will be much easier. Perhaps in a couple of weeks!

Thanks for offering to host ukuleledaddy.

I too was thinking of hosting a week soon, but not just at the moment because of current commitments.

Thanks

Thanks Ukedaddy for hosting. I'm still thinking of my theme but think that I came up with one as I was reading this. I wish I had a prize to offer but I'm going to slim on my week too. I am keeping an eye out for some.

Thanks for offering to host ukuleledaddy.

I too was thinking of hosting a week soon, but not just at the moment because of current commitments.

Thanks ukuleledaddy!
Like a lot of others here I plan to host sometime, bu I'm just getting hammered at work right now. I haven't even had time to participate for a week or two, much less host.

But y'know, even if nobody stepped up and did this for a week or two that wouldn't mean we couldn't pick it back up again when somebody had time. I know momentum is important, but if that did happen it doesn't have to mean the end of this thing forever.

Thanks for hosting next week, Padre..... I wanted to wait until the 23rd Season, for obvious reasons, but went ahead and jumped in when I didn't see anyone else stepping forward. I'm glad to be back on the Seasonista wagon - this is just great fun. And feel free to post the new week anytime - no toes stepped on - it's all good in the neighborhood......

Top Bottom