23rd Season Of The Ukulele

Hello there,

This is our (me and Luana Gouvea) entry. Hope you like it!

What a great song, I've never heard it before. You two are fun to watch, and you're the first to get the extra 3 point bonus! If I had thought of it earlier I would have put in the rules that you can get an extra 3 points for kissing. I'll have to remember that the next time I host.

new toy

thanks for taking the baton Daddy. I've got my song picked out and it sounds good on my new toy. a banjo uke. I'm[ going to visit family this week so maybe I can get my son-in law and granddaughter to sing and play along. the family that plays together...

I'm so jealous, strumsilly! I preordered a new Gretsch Roots Collection banjolele weeks ago and I wanna play that thing so bad it hurts. I've been told it will ship sometime between August 7th and October 19th- way to narrow it down, Gretsch... For now, I'll just have to wait for your video with your new banjolele so I can live vicariously through you, haha.

Bonus Track - The Wild Rover

I just couldn't resist this one. :music: :nana:

A traditional English Folk Song made famous by Irish group, the Dubliners. Many think this is Irish but the version the Dubliners used was originally collected from a Sam Larner from Norfolk, England.

This song was very popular in the 1960s but was overplayed and fell out of favour. However if you play it in a pub singaround you can usually guarantee rousing choruses from everyone there.

Last edited:
This theme touches me on a very special way in this moment. I've been living abroad for 7 years now, and next week I'm moving back to my country. Right now I'm packing all my stuff, and selling/giving away what I'm not taking with me.

I'm going to record this tomorrow, with my mother who is coming to give me a hand. I hope you don't mind if we sing in spanish, but the song I've chosen has a very special meaning for me. I'll try to do some bonus tracks later.

Ah! I was hoping someone would sing a tale of the return of the prodigal son! Well done Tootler. If it was not too early for beer (did I really say that?) I would be swinging a pint while I sang along

A traditional English Folk Song made famous by Irish group, the Dubliners. Many think this is Irish but the version the Dubliners used was originally collected from a Sam Larner from Norfolk, England.

This song was very popular in the 1960s but was overplayed and fell out of favour. However if you play it in a pub singaround you can usually guarantee rousing choruses from everyone there.

Great job on a lovely song. One of my favorites in what I think of as the "commercial Irish" genre (as opposed to the stuff that didn't get overplayed quite so much even on this side of the pond). Of course I was one of those who thought it was Irish in origin probably because not only the Dubliners did it but so many other Irish and American-"Irish" bands as well. Even in the 80's you couldn't enter an Irish pub on either coast of the US that had a live band or trad sessions without hearing this. :)

Great song though.

Great song! I don't know many songs so it's awesome to hear a new song! Thank you

Ah! I was hoping someone would sing a tale of the return of the prodigal son! Well done Tootler. If it was not too early for beer (did I really say that?) I would be swinging a pint while I sang along

Time for a pint now, I would think. It's quarter to midnight here as I write this and you're what? seven hours behind us? Thanks for the comment, btw.

Great job on a lovely song. One of my favorites in what I think of as the "commercial Irish" genre (as opposed to the stuff that didn't get overplayed quite so much even on this side of the pond). Of course I was one of those who thought it was Irish in origin probably because not only the Dubliners did it but so many other Irish and American-"Irish" bands as well. Even in the 80's you couldn't enter an Irish pub on either coast of the US that had a live band or trad sessions without hearing this. :)

Great song though.

Thanks. Yes, it is a great song and it is starting to be sung again here. There are actually quite a few versions both collected from traditional singers and printed as broadsides and a few of our folk singers (both pro and amateur) are singing other versions with different melodies which make it a more thoughtful song. I have another version I sing unaccompanied where he goes back to his wife rather than his parents which has a lovely modal tune.

This is the one for a pub singaround, though :smileybounce:

Great choice Tootler! Thanks for the entry. I love your finger shaky thing by the way.

This theme touches me on a very special way in this moment. I've been living abroad for 7 years now, and next week I'm moving back to my country. Right now I'm packing all my stuff, and selling/giving away what I'm not taking with me.

I'm going to record this tomorrow, with my mother who is coming to give me a hand. I hope you don't mind if we sing in spanish, but the song I've chosen has a very special meaning for me. I'll try to do some bonus tracks later.

Wow, what timing! I can't imagine how you will feel when you arrive back home. I can't wait to see your video. And yes, please sing in Spanish. Though i don't speak the language there's nothing in the rules that says it must be in English. You could even sing it in Klingon if you like. In fact, I think that might be my next theme when I host again, sing your song in Klingon.

Wow, what timing! I can't imagine how you will feel when you arrive back home. I can't wait to see your video. And yes, please sing in Spanish. Though i don't speak the language there's nothing in the rules that says it must be in English. You could even sing it in Klingon if you like. In fact, I think that might be my next theme when I host again, sing your song in Klingon.

Klingon...or Elvish... :)

Very beautiful and sensitive rendition ! I don't know that song, what is its title ?

"If" by the group "Bread"

Top Bottom