Song Help Request Aldrine’s "Skyrim" from The Elder Scrolls

Tenzen

Reaction score
What is going on here???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeHNnUHVGw&feature=player_embedded

what is happening in the beginning of that song?

it sounds like harmonic chimes.. but how's he getting those different notes.. its like he's playing the chimes and walking the fret board at the same time..

it doesnt seem possible to me.. i dont get it..

anyone know how he does this??

and anyone have the whole song tabbed out already?

thanks

ah..........

that makes sense..

he's like a little mad scientist

anyone have a video link showing both hands doing this? i guess its just a one-handed chime? using the index finger to chime on every string while plucking every string with the thumb?

I tend to pick with my ring finger, but yeah, that'll be how he's doing it.

anyone have a video link showing both hands doing this? i guess its just a one-handed chime? using the index finger to chime on every string while plucking every string with the thumb?

Here's Kalei Gamiao explaining exactly how to do it:

Yeah...that's one technique (well, one of many) that I was never really able to get down on guitar (where harmonics are relatively easy) let alone on ukulele. I just never could master getting just the right touch with my index finger while using thumb or second finger to pluck the string ahead of it. I have a friend who is amazing at it (on guitar).

that's an awesome technique.. actually i just thought when i heard alot of chimes that it was from the guy moving like crazy up and down the fret board at the harmonic intervals to get the different notes.. i never really payed attention to it on videos..

definitely something WAY worth getting down.. thats my new thing then..

thanks

but does anyone have the song tabbed out? I have heard that it was a live lesson for the skyrim song but i can't find it.

I have tabbed out the song if anyone are interested in the tabs. I advice to listen to the video for the strumming parts :)

Attachments

• Skyrim.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom