24th Season of the Ukulele

Wow- I go outside for a bit and see what happens? Off to a smashing start!
UkeyDave kicks it off, and this becomes the gift that keeps on giving...
@GaryC- WOW, countrified ukulele Mixalot? My head is reeling- absolutely fabulous. I am not sure I have ever heard better Mixalot. Get down!
@UkuleleDaveey- I am not sure there would be a better match for this season. First, a bloke doing material girl? Davey doing Material Girl? Is it Christmas?
My face hurts from all the laughing I am doing here today.
What say we meet the judges?

THat was probably the worst video I have ever uploaded, but you only get one chance with chickens

Might as well have one for inspiration as well.
BEST.
DAD.
EVER.
Even the little fella is singing.

many thanks for your kind words Dave :) this is a great theme for this week, the last few weeks have been a blast, even tbough i am struggling to find uke time. Well 3 songs played and recorded today andmy lack of quality goes down hill, but what the heck it was fun.

Well here is my first bonus entry, a bit of abba, i think my version is better than the original ha ha ha im deluded :biglaugh:

Might as well have one for inspiration as well.
BEST.
DAD.
EVER.
Even the little fella is singing.

I feel a road trip coming on for me and my family I need to find some cool songs for us to sing mmmm
This is cool love the little guy getting into the swing of singing Queen.

And here is my second bonus entry, i apologise for the singing and the below par uke playing, but what the heck i was having fun and you dont have to watch it, thats the beauty of video, you can stop or pause whenever you want,this was a one and only take, so plenty of mistakes hope you get some enjoyment from it and its not to painful to listen to :)

Oh no you didn'nt! I know you didn't go there! :) Definitely setting the bar high...or low...or...well...you know what I mean...I hope. LOL

This is going to be a week when I wish I had a dark attic to record in, I think...

BTW, good to see you got your microphone issues sorted.

John

Hi All, doing this while watching the olympic football,many thanks Melissa for hosting what should be a super fun week, i have recorded 3 songs so far today and never really tried playing them before, so i should be putting some bonus songs up, i look forward to the chicken bingo, and i am hoping i win this week by FOWL play :)
Anyway here is my official entry for my guilty pleasure.

I hope I don't get minus points but ABBA is not a guilty pleasure because whenever I go to Karoake, it's guaranteed a girl will sing Dancing Queen!! Now if a guy sings Dancing Queen, then that would qualify for guilty pleasure!! :p

And if a guy dances to dancing queen...well...'nuff said! :)

Completely Brillant!!
I know the 'what is that you're listening to?' question well. That is usually a good sign at my house though and can mean, 'this is (finally) something I might not mind listening to on some later occasion, as long as it is not in the near future."

We are just misunderstood geniuses ahead of our time. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Hmmm...I know you live in a small town, Dave. I'm guessing the neighbors have lots of video of you, too... LOL

@GaryC- WOW, countrified ukulele Mixalot? My head is reeling- absolutely fabulous. I am not sure I have ever heard better Mixalot. Get down!
@UkuleleDaveey- I am not sure there would be a better match for this season. First, a bloke doing material girl? Davey doing Material Girl? Is it Christmas?

THat was probably the worst video I have ever uploaded, but you only get one chance with chickens

Dave, I've just had a call from your neighbors...they said if you don't show your face in the next video they're going to take matters into their own hands... :)

Way to kickstart things!

John

What a great idea for Season 24. Love it love it love it.
Right here we go. Now then folks................no one must EVER know about this do you hear NEVER. I have a reputation to uphold. Maybe, just maybe, there is some Von Trapp blood circulating through my veins. You never can tell. Its times like this that I thank god I'm a cowardly headless uker. Perhaps one day, all will be revealed. ;-)

Against my better judgement and my wife begging me not to post this song, I just had to do it as it's my guilty pleasure.

If I sounded really good, I would sing it all the time but I don't so here goes nothing. This was the first take as that's how songs you love should always be!! HAHAHA

This is my bonus song and I promise my next song will not be rap or a very bad imitation of one!

You know that the suburban kids are the main supporters of Hip Hop!!

Yeah! The first ABBA song! Love it
many thanks for your kind words Dave :) this is a great theme for this week, the last few weeks have been a blast, even tbough i am struggling to find uke time. Well 3 songs played and recorded today andmy lack of quality goes down hill, but what the heck it was fun.

Well here is my first bonus entry, a bit of abba, i think my version is better than the original ha ha ha im deluded :biglaugh:

I couldn't help but sing along. Thank you!
And now it is stuck in my head...
And here is my second bonus entry, i apologise for the singing and the below par uke playing, but what the heck i was having fun and you dont have to watch it, thats the beauty of video, you can stop or pause whenever you want,this was a one and only take, so plenty of mistakes hope you get some enjoyment from it and its not to painful to listen to :)

Last edited:
That was great! If we were to always use our better judgement, life would not be nearly as fun!
Against my better judgement and my wife begging me not to post this song, I just had to do it as it's my guilty pleasure.

If I sounded really good, I would sing it all the time but I don't so here goes nothing. This was the first take as that's how songs you love should always be!! HAHAHA

This is my bonus song and I promise my next song will not be rap or a very bad imitation of one!

You know that the suburban kids are the main supporters of Hip Hop!!

Last edited:

Woohoo! I was thinking of doing this one too! Nice Dave. I was sure you probably sported big hair back in the day.

Heeeheeee- nope, always had the same haircut, and a Vespa...shark skin suit, bunch of checkers, and Doc Martens. I was one of those guys...but these guys sure fascinated me. GO ahead and do it Daddy-o, I don't think my songs count as I live with the host ;)
Woohoo! I was thinking of doing this one too! Nice Dave. I was sure you probably sported big hair back in the day.

Well firstly apologies to UkuleleDaveey who has already covered this one in grand cockerneee stylie but I did record it late last night and was gonna upload today. Seems like great Dave's think alike lol. I'm loving this weeks season theme. And sorry Oldephart I did actually include my face in this one then edited it out before sending. Maybe next time. Anyway here is my bonus. (I hope to do more this week, I have the bug) This wasn't quite the right key for my angelic voice. 8-/

Top Bottom