26th Season of the Ukulele

Excellent performance as I have come to expect from you.

Thanks Geoff. You are always a voice of encouragement.

Whenever I'm done, I always thinking here's another mediocre performance that I'm putting out there. However, it's too much fun to quit!! Every week is a blast and my bonus song is also a guilty pleasure song for me.

Here's my entry...Eddie Vedder sings several songs with Dream in the lyrics

Hi nongdam...no kids to help you this time? Maybe the song was too sad and the kids make you happy.
Nice strumming, you've got a good "boneless finger" that I strive for. Thanks for this entry, as well as your regular contributions.

This is a David Bowie song. I haven't played this one for a few years. My friend Davina taught it to me when she was looking to have me join the New England Ukulele Orchestra, which instead broke up. I like to think that they chose to break up rather than let me in. :rolleyes: The link below is them playing the song back in 2008 with Davina singing. That's Craig Robertson on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijZhA8NK48

I've got time off from work this week (to enjoy the quiet while my daughter's at running camp). So I'll probably do a couple of bonus tracks.

Good choice of song well played.

Bonus track. This song really involves a ghost rather than a dream but the conversation featured in the song has a dreamlike quality. However as it's not really a dream it'll have to be a bonus track.

It's an Traditional English song and deals with a folk belief that an excess of grief prevents the soul of the departed from resting.

This is a David Bowie song. I haven't played this one for a few years. My friend Davina taught it to me when she was looking to have me join the New England Ukulele Orchestra, which instead broke up. I like to think that they chose to break up rather than let me in. :rolleyes: The link below is them playing the song back in 2008 with Davina singing. That's Craig Robertson on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijZhA8NK48

I've got time off from work this week (to enjoy the quiet while my daughter's at running camp). So I'll probably do a couple of bonus tracks.

I like your committed performance here, Uke4ia, and I especially liked your picking at the end. (I too love to play when I have the house to myself.) Sorry you don't have the New England Uke Orchestra to play for, but I'm glad you're part of this cool UU community.

It was hard for me to say "gee whiz" with a straight face, man,those were simpler times. I am not in pain, even though I look like it.

Golly gee willikers, Strumsilly---you have broken through the space-time continuum! You're living in black and white and wearing a suit (!) for your performance. Maybe you bought the uke with your paper-route money!
I'm an oldies fan, so I appreciate the tune. I like how you made the phrasing your own, not exactly the same as the Everly Brothers.

Last edited:
Bonus track. This song really involves a ghost rather than a dream but the conversation featured in the song has a dreamlike quality. However as it's not really a dream it'll have to be a bonus track.

It's an Traditional English song and deals with a folk belief that an excess of grief prevents the soul of the departed from resting.

Geoff, what a good thought in this song, that the gone-before want the stay-behinds to go on living. I wonder if anyone sang this for Queen Victoria (ha! no one brave enough).
Thanks for sharing the tender style of traditional English ballads. The style suits you very well.

Golly gee willikers, Strumsilly---you have broken through the space-time continuum! You're living in black and white and wearing a suit (!) for your performance. Maybe you bought the uke with your paper-route money!
I'm an oldies fan, so I appreciate the tune. I like how you made phrasing was your own, not exactly the same as the Everly Brothers.

Nicely done... I thought he was looking like Harrison Ford in the Raiders of the lost ark :)

My entry for the 26th Season of the Ukulele.

Yes, ma'am, I concur with the "lovely" comments! Deep purple dreams surrounded by gigantic Alaskan delphiniums. Your baritone playing really supports the lyrics, which are so evocative. Thanks, Myrna, for the song and for choosing the nice setting.

Are dreams mostly about yearning either for good things we don't have or good things we don't have anymore?

Lovely....Very sweet playing and singing. Nice job!

I second that. you and that bari sound great!

Sweet sound and beautiful surroundings!

Yes, ma'am, I concur with the "lovely" comments! Deep purple dreams surrounded by gigantic Alaskan delphiniums. Your baritone playing really supports the lyrics, which are so evocative. Thanks, Myrna, for the song and for choosing the nice setting.

Are dreams mostly about yearning either for good things we don't have or good things we don't have anymore?
Thank you all for your kind comments.
That is my 1950s Favilla baritone- strung with Southcoast strings. It has an especially sweet tone and I love to play the old standards on it. It's normally tuned GCEA but I had to tune it up to ADF#B because the lowest note in this song is at the very bottom of my vocal range.
And we've been having a lovely summer here - my delphiniums have just gone wild.

Last edited:

This is my first submission and the first video that I have ever done. I didn't realize that I frown so much when I'm so focused. I'll have to work on that.:) I hope I've attached the video correctly.

Top Bottom