Replacement Saddle for Applause AE128

KyKo

Reaction score
Recently I was able to pick up a used Applause AE128 on the cheap (cheap even for an AE128) because the pickup didn't work. Upon further investigation I discovered that the previous owner had sanded the bottom of the saddle to lower the action. This renders the pickup useless on an Applause.

I gleefully began to search for a new saddle online. My glee turned to gloom when I was unable to find one. I THINK the part number for what I want is 704600-X. Does anyone know where I could order one? I live on the outskirts of society so there are no guitar stores anywhere near me.

Thanks.

What kind of pickup is on this guitar. Looking at pictures, I assume it's an undersaddle transducer with a seperate saddle. Is this incorrect?

Try this:
www.ovationguitars.com

Recently I was able to pick up a used Applause AE128 on the cheap (cheap even for an AE128) because the pickup didn't work. Upon further investigation I discovered that the previous owner had sanded the bottom of the saddle to lower the action. This renders the pickup useless on an Applause.

I gleefully began to search for a new saddle online. My glee turned to gloom when I was unable to find one. I THINK the part number for what I want is 704600-X. Does anyone know where I could order one? I live on the outskirts of society so there are no guitar stores anywhere near me.

Thanks.

Place clay under the saddle (a thin layer) and fit the saddle into the slot to press against it and push it against the pickup insert. Then, remove the saddle and let the clay harden. Once it is hard, reinsert the saddle and try again. That should give the vibration you need for the pickup to work.

Top Bottom