Does anyone know anything about this uke photo?

If I could tell you who she is, will you promise you won't come down upon her as the reaper?

This has to be one of my favorite vintage uke photos. Does any one have any info on it? I would also like to know if there is somewhere I could get copy of it large enough to frame.

Thanks
View attachment 41750

Last edited:
Ok, I've thrown it into Photoshop and resampled it at 300 DPI instead of 100. That makes it a fair bit bigger without suffering too much. It would be possible to really tidy it up quite a bit, but that would take a couple of hours. Let me know if you want it any larger and I'll have a fettle tomorrow. It's about time I got my graphics tablet warmed up again.

Oh, if you're going to print it out, don't forget the picture is 300 DPI.

http://www.thebigkahuna.co.uk/ukebabe.jpg

She really is beautiful, isn't she? Gosh.

Most of the problem with the picture is artefacting from a shockingly bad original scan and enlarging. I can get rid of all that and sharpen it without too much work. Having just obtained the "Extended Evaluation Version" of Photoshop CS6, I could do with trying out the new features and engine.

Most of the problem with the picture is artefacting from a shockingly bad original scan and enlarging. I can get rid of all that and sharpen it without too much work. Having just obtained the "Extended Evaluation Version" of Photoshop CS6, I could do with trying out the new features and engine.

Thanks for the help. If you could clean it up that would be great but don't bother if it's gonna be to much trouble. I'll just call Gillian Anderson. I don't think she's too busy.:D

You're welcome to all, though admittedly I lean towards Bettie Page.

Fun Fact: Ms. Sebastian is credited as co-writer of the bluegrass standard, "The Leaves Mustn't Fall."

Top Bottom