Online Shops that Do Set-ups - International Edition

Lalz

Reaction score
There's a sticky for ukulele shops in the US but I haven't seen a list of online shops across the world that will do proper set-ups on the ukes they sell (whether it's included in the price of the uke or not). I think it would be very useful to have such a list so people know where to get set-up ukes if they don't live next door to a uke shop that will do it for them.

Shall we compile one on this thread?

So there's Mim's Ukes and Hawaii Music Supply in the US, and... [add shop name here] and...

There's a sticky for ukulele shops in the US but I haven't seen a list of online shops across the world that will do proper set-ups on the ukes they sell (whether it's included in the price of the uke or not). I think it would be very useful to have such a list so people know where to get set-up ukes if they don't live next door to a uke shop that will do it for them.

Shall we compile one on this thread?

So there's Mim's Ukes and Hawaii Music Supply in the US, and... [add shop name here] and...

http://brueko.de/en/index.html Great setup by Herr Pfeiffer and company.

http://brueko.de/en/index.html Great setup by Herr Pfeiffer and company.

Thanks Bill! I've heard good things about this brand indeed.

What I meant though was online retailers who might sell several brands and who also do additional set-ups to the factory ones. Sorry if I was unclear in my OP.

I feel there is a need for people outside of the US to know where to order from if they're looking for a Kala or Lanikai etc that will come properly set-up right out of the box. I've noticed that people are always pointed towards the same American online sellers regardless of where they are based in the world. Now these are fantastic sellers - otherwise they wouldn't get so much praise obviously - and they will indeed ship internationally for a reasonable shipping fee, which is great. But they might not have the model someone is looking for, and sometimes the additional tax fees etc can be quite high depending on where people live (not to mention some national postal services that might leave a solid uke in a depot with less than ideal humidity and temperature conditions for a very long time). So it might be good sometimes to have the option to order from another maybe more local retailer, which is why I think we should compile a list to make this process easier for our non-US members.

Last edited:
True, SUS doesn't do set-ups. They only sell quality instruments but the set-up on their ukes is the one from the factory.

What about Ukulele Movement in Singapore, Uke Surfer in Germany and Cyberstore Thomann? Does anyone know if they do set-ups?

Is there a list of international dealers somewhere we could go through to point out which ones do set-ups and which ones don't?

Cool! Hopefully someone on the forum can confirm whether these shops do set-up or not?

Another shop in the U.S. that does a fair amount of international shipping is Uke Republic. I've purchased three ukes from Mike - two Dolphins for the kids and my new Kamoa.... all were well set up and Mike's just a swell guy to deal with.....

Another shop in the U.S. that does a fair amount of international shipping is Uke Republic. I've purchased three ukes from Mike - two Dolphins for the kids and my new Kamoa.... all were well set up and Mike's just a swell guy to deal with.....

If I was buying a K brand or similar, then I'd certainly get one from Ukerepublic or HMS. But then I wouldn't expect that sort of uke to need setup.

The ukes that benefit most from a pro set-up aren't expensive enough to warrant shipping across the atlantic, customs charges, tax and all that. I'm talking mid-range Kalas, Ohanas, Lunas, aNueNues etc.

We do set up ukes at SUS! If you ring us at the shop and specify what set up you want, we can discuss it. I spend a large part of my day doing this. We don't claim to set up every uke we sell, there would not be enough hours in the day!

We do set up ukes at SUS! If you ring us at the shop and specify what set up you want, we can discuss it. I spend a large part of my day doing this. We don't claim to set up every uke we sell, there would not be enough hours in the day!

Oh that's great news!! Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the confusion!

Eagle Music Shop does set-ups on all their ukes, says their website. They sell Mainlands too, probably the only online shop in the UK (Europe?) to sell them.

I just emailed [video]http://www.mercatinodellukulele.it/[/video], they do indeed to set-up "when needed". Hurray!

Does anyone have experience ordering from them btw? Are the set-ups good? There's a uke I like in their catalogue and it's very cheap (plus free shipping above €200), but their terms and conditions are in Italian so no idea how it would be to deal with them. All advices welcome :) Cheers!

A bit late, but I was browsing this sub forum for once and maybe it's worth chiming in:

Mercatino = Aquila. Look at the street address on both sites. It's the same. Also when I use PayPal at Mercatino, it shows up as Aquila. So yeah, they're 1000% reliable. :)

I just emailed [video]http://www.mercatinodellukulele.it/[/video], they do indeed to set-up "when needed". Hurray!

Does anyone have experience ordering from them btw? Are the set-ups good? There's a uke I like in their catalogue and it's very cheap (plus free shipping above €200), but their terms and conditions are in Italian so no idea how it would be to deal with them. All advices welcome :) Cheers!

A bit late, but I was browsing this sub forum for once and maybe it's worth chiming in:

Mercatino = Aquila. Look at the street address on both sites. It's the same. Also when I use PayPal at Mercatino, it shows up as Aquila. So yeah, they're 1000% reliable. :)

Thanks! I read what you wrote about them on another thread. Very nice people!

Top Bottom