Treholipee the 4-foot uke

The one I bought for $10.00 was pristine;even down to the cord for the strap. The sound is lacking body resonance because the body hardly resonates. It is just a little plastic soprano fretboard. The paddles are known to break off the blades, and there is nothing to use for leverage to tune if but locking pliers (vise-grips) If you want to stand out, it is an attention getter!! There is no need to steam the neck. A good straight grain 2 x 4 will give you all the wood you need to lay up the curve. Beyond the paddle tuners, the appendage has no musical purpose. My Martin Backpacker ukulele sounds better . They were well designed to serve as a locator and indicator of side current drift for surfers.

Wow, lots of incorrect info Craftedcow. Actually, they are not soprano scale, they are tenors, with a scale of about 18 inches.

The appendage has the same musical purpose as say...Peghead tuners. There are lots of geared tuners out there, but those particular tuners look a certain way, which is appealing to some. The long headstock gets the job done and does it in a stylish way.

The headstock deflects about ten inches from a straight board, so no cutting it out of a 2 by 4, and the sound is what I would expect from a smaller plywood i.e. laminated body.

They were made as novelties, but are fun and playable.

Check out the mint one for sale on Fleamarket right now!

That person should be ashamed of herself. I saw that yesterday. It is in anything but mint condition and I guess that she is hoping that "a sucker is born every day". Even if it was mint it is not worth anything close to what she is asking for it. I was going to email her to tell her what I thought about her $500 treholipee, but refrained. I have one that is in much better shape with the original tags featuring Steve Allen. (that's right, he and his wife Audrey Meadows leant their name to it). Not worth anything close.

I've had mine for over twenty years; used as a wall hanger. Cool looking but the tuners are fragile and one of the paddles on the tunerhas broken. I'm from Huntington Beach and remember when they came out in the '60's. It was advertised that you could play to your wahinee(sp); stick the end in the sand and go surfing.

I've had mine for over twenty years; used as a wall hanger. Cool looking but the tuners are fragile and one of the paddles on the tunerhas broken. I'm from Huntington Beach and remember when they came out in the '60's. It was advertised that you could play to your wahinee(sp); stick the end in the sand and go surfing.
Hey Patrick, are you an HBHS alumni? If so, what year?

Top Bottom