Cheap Banjo Uke

Chris D

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm not a luthier at all, but I just "built" a banjo-uke & I'm well chuffed with it!
I did check "how to do this" on the internet but it was rubbish regarding details, (ie: "fix the neck to the body" etc...)
So, I had to wing it & improvise but it turned out ok.

There's pics & explanation here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446762015375574.119620.100001253370312&type=1&l=f35f9ba48d

If anyone on the UU wants to have a go at this I'd be happy to help out with advice or specifics...
That is, as a non-luthier with extremely limited "workshop"/tools...

(As I'm not a luthier/builder I posted this here & not in the builders/luthiers section - MODs feel free to move it there if need be)

Peace!
Chris.

Very nice, I had studied this method, also
, And ended up building three banjoleles based on wooden bowls (teak and redwood) this year. I am also happy to custom build pretty much at cost and share advice.

Hi all!
I'm not a luthier at all, but I just "built" a banjo-uke & I'm well chuffed with it!
I did check "how to do this" on the internet but it was rubbish regarding details, (ie: "fix the neck to the body" etc...)
So, I had to wing it & improvise but it turned out ok.

There's pics & explanation here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446762015375574.119620.100001253370312&type=1&l=f35f9ba48d

If anyone on the UU wants to have a go at this I'd be happy to help out with advice or specifics...
That is, as a non-luthier with extremely limited "workshop"/tools...

(As I'm not a luthier/builder I posted this here & not in the builders/luthiers section - MODs feel free to move it there if need be)

Peace!
Chris.

Just the kind of thread I have been waiting for - you've done a great job describing the various pieces needed on you Facebook thread - thanks loads! Now I know how I'll use the vintage "Camp Uke" NECK I bought off of ebay - its gonna be resurrected as a Banjo-lele!

Mahalo!

Nicely done, sir!!

Chris that looks great. Nice job all around!

Top Bottom