COMPASS ROSE, Sycamore and Cedar Tenor, Custom For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump, With all the viewings, what is it you don't like, this is an awesome instrument? Virtually in new condition, and drop dead gorgeous.
Bob
hi Bob, do you have the facility for doing a short video sound and visual demo? I have often done this in the past and I am sure it helps in selling. Even if you just sit and sing a song in front of the camera may be a good good thing. As for me, there's nothing about it I don't like, I simply can't afford it!

Ok, Thanks for your feed back, I will try to get a sound sample up by tomorrow. As far as where Sycamore compares to the tone of other tone woods, see MM website, both MM and I agree it is not as warm as Koa but in the same sound range as Mahogany and Myrtle, I think with the Cedar top though, it is quite warm. It's strung now with Southcoast 650's and they are not a quite string, and be ready for linear, low G sound.
My only problem with a sound sample is I'm a crummy singer and a pretty good strummer, all my songs are vocals. I'll try to sing real low so the uke shines through.
Thanks Again Bob

hi Bob, do you have the facility for doing a short video sound and visual demo? I have often done this in the past and I am sure it helps in selling. Even if you just sit and sing a song in front of the camera may be a good good thing. As for me, there's nothing about it I don't like, I simply can't afford it!

Sound samples usually push me over the edge to buy if I can afford it. "If" being the operative word. :( Anyway it's a beautiful uke and at a GREAT PRICE ! Good luck with the sale.

I can provide a sound clip to anyone who requests one and sends me their e-mail address. The only recording device I have is a Sansa clip and although I can download it to my computer and attach it to e-mail, whenever I try to upload the file to UU it claims its an illegal file. There must be a way but I can't figure it.
Bob Myers

Bob, that is a beautiful uke. I'm sure there is someone who will go for it, the sound file should help. Anything with Southcoast strings sounds like a quality choice to me! : ) If I wasn't saving up for a custom I'd be seriously sweating this one. Good Luck.

I can provide a sound clip to anyone who requests one and sends me their e-mail address. The only recording device I have is a Sansa clip and although I can download it to my computer and attach it to e-mail, whenever I try to upload the file to UU it claims its an illegal file. There must be a way but I can't figure it.
Bob Myers

Easiest thing to do is go to soundcloud.com - you can get a free account and upload the file there, then post a link to it here. That's really the better way to go than YouTube for sound samples anyway because YouTube's processing and compression sometimes buries the finer nuances in the audio.

John

Thanks all folks, I just sold it to a very happy person. Ron lives in Florida, lucky him, and was able to travel to my abode in about an hour (lucky me). He played it and I watched his face, I new he was sold, and he felt as I, that this was a magnificent instrument and its maker humbles us all ( as players).

Thanks,
Bob Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom