RISA Les Paul style electric tenor ukulele

K-dog

Reaction score
A few years back I bought one of these beautiful instriments. For reasons I won't get into here I am now selling it. I still have 2 acoustic ukuleles that I play frequently. The RISA electric is built in Germany. It is in brand new shape with a gig bag. This Gibson Les Paul styled ukulele is black. It has never left our house. It has been played maybe a couple dozen times in all. I paid more than $800 for it and have no idea of it's "worth" today but I'm open to discussion. If there is interest I will take photos and send via email.

hi,
there are some rules for posting in this marketplace.
i'd suggest you to read them....

goog luck with your selling.

sorry - didn't see the marketplace sticky post

hi,
there are some rules for posting in this marketplace.
i'd suggest you to read them....

goog luck with your selling.

So, I've started on a bad note here. My bad. I started playing a low-G Pono Tenor (PTO-E) about 5-6 years ago after visiting my oldest son who was working in Oahu, Hawaii. I got into finger picking from the start, learning things that interested me and from things I saw on YouTube. My younger son showed some interest so his mother and I got him a Pono Tenor about a year later for a combined Christmas & birthday present and he and I traded tunes to work on even though we live far from one another. This past spring I added a bright little cedar top Ohana CK-50 MG concert with conventional high-g tuning.

I bought the RISA a few years back after seeing a couple very appealing YouTube videos of people playing one with lots of effects and creating a big sound. It was impulsive and I guess I was thinking that it might be fun to play with a mixed instriment group focusing on rock and roll and blues. When I got it and amplified it my wife didn't like it and having no history playing guitar (acoustic or electric) I found that I preferred the rich sound and finger pick comfort of my acoustic. So, it has basically been sitting around. I'm 65 and perhaps it will be something I keep and pass along to my sons but I am also going through a simplify period in my life. I am an obsessed kiteboarder and kayaker with an array of toys everywhere I look. I use those toys however. My acoustic ukuleles are easy to pick up and play and travel with me (everywhere) so they get used as well on pretty much a daily basis. Not so much the RISA ukulele.

I guess I see this instriment being better off living somewhere where it will be used and enjoyed. I can afford to keep it and probably will continue to pull it out from time to time and continue trying to get the hang of using a pick.

Anyway, I apologize to the Ukulele Underground Forum group for my bad manners at not introducing myself and for placing an ad in the Marketplace before saying hello and without reading the "rules."

Attachments

• 003 (Small).JPG
    003 (Small).JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 005 (Small).JPG
    005 (Small).JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 006 (Small).JPG
    006 (Small).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 012 (Small).JPG
    012 (Small).JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 014 (Small).JPG
    014 (Small).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
So, I've started on a bad note here. My bad. I started playing a low-G Pono Tenor (PTO-E) about 5-6 years ago after visiting my oldest son who was working in Oahu, Hawaii. I got into finger picking from the start, learning things that interested me and from things I saw on YouTube. My younger son showed some interest so his mother and I got him a Pono Tenor about a year later for a combined Christmas & birthday present and he and I traded tunes to work on even though we live far from one another. This past spring I added a bright little cedar top Ohana CK-50 MG concert with conventional high-g tuning.

I bought the RISA a few years back after seeing a couple very appealing YouTube videos of people playing one with lots of effects and creating a big sound. It was impulsive and I guess I was thinking that it might be fun to play with a mixed instriment group focusing on rock and roll and blues. When I got it and amplified it my wife didn't like it and having no history playing guitar (acoustic or electric) I found that I preferred the rich sound and finger pick comfort of my acoustic. So, it has basically been sitting around. I'm 65 and perhaps it will be something I keep and pass along to my sons but I am also going through a simplify period in my life. I am an obsessed kiteboarder and kayaker with an array of toys everywhere I look. I use those toys however. My acoustic ukuleles are easy to pick up and play and travel with me (everywhere) so they get used as well on pretty much a daily basis. Not so much the RISA ukulele.

I guess I see this instriment being better off living somewhere where it will be used and enjoyed. I can afford to keep it and probably will continue to pull it out from time to time and continue trying to get the hang of using a pick.

Anyway, I apologize to the Ukulele Underground Forum group for my bad manners at not introducing myself and for placing an ad in the Marketplace before saying hello and without reading the "rules."

Welcome to UU...!!!

Risa Les Pauls have a niche in the ukulele world and are highly sought after. Yours is a very nice example and, having hardly been played, should sell quickly.

I suggest you put a price on it and you should receive some replies to your sale.

By the way, I have 2 Risa electrics and love both of them.

Best to you...!!!

Sent you a PM (private message) am interested.

I love the Risa electrics, I currently own the Soprano Les Paul in sunburst.

In the past, I've also had the Tenor Les Paul (black as well, exactly the same as your's) and the "Bean" shaped tenor with the lipstick pickups.
I wish I didn't sell my Tenor Les Paul (I needed the money at the time), but the Soprano is serving me well.
If I had lots of money, I would buy the Tenor again.

Good luck on the sale. Whoever gets it is a very lucky winner!

"home is where the heart is."

Where do you live?

My wife of 44 years and I live on the shore of beautiful Lake Champlain in Northwestern Vermont. We look west into the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Thanks.

Am still interested and have sent you a message. If you can PM (message) me
with a price you are looking to get. Thank you. This one would add a new element
to my collection.

I am also interested if is still available.

Top Bottom