F chord problem

F Chord is pretty easy and one of the first ones I learned. Just take your time and keep practicing. It will come. I found, with muscle memory (and science supports this) that if you just do 20 minutes day, in a week you'll be a lot better than if you practice a lot in one day. Or just do 2 sessions over a week that are 3 hours long. Just be patient. It will come. We all had to start from nothing.

All it takes is practice. You dont need a larger uke. Anything larger than a soprano is cheating.

I don't follow you're comment. When you say "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating", do you mean those who prefer a concert and above are not true ukulele players? If that's your contention, I think you're mistaken. If not, please expound.

I don't follow you're comment. When you say "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating", do you mean those who prefer a concert and above are not true ukulele players? If that's your contention, I think you're mistaken. If not, please expound.

Dude, Pete wrote that in 2012. I doubt he's going to get drawn into an argument over a throwaway comment he made on an internet forum six years ago.

All it takes is practice. You dont need a larger uke. Anything larger than a soprano is cheating.

As somewhat of a soprano purist myself (I like the challenge, but more importantly I prefer the sound), I find this comment to be hilarious and somewhat tongue-in-cheek. OF COURSE the other sizes are also ukuleles. BUT, because some people trend to a larger size because they are apparently easier to play, the word cheating gets tossed around. I find it all in good fun with.. just a hair of truth. :)

As somewhat of a soprano purist myself (I like the challenge, but more importantly I prefer the sound), I find this comment to be hilarious and somewhat tongue-in-cheek. OF COURSE the other sizes are also ukuleles. BUT, because some people trend to a larger size because they are apparently easier to play, the word cheating gets tossed around. I find it all in good fun with.. just a hair of truth. :)
Not always. It just depends on what your are doing. When I am playing chords where I have to stretch my fingers out there to hit all of the notes, I've found the soprano scale is a bit easier to reach them. I'm most definitely not a purist though. I'll play anything. Except maybe a baritone.

Not always. It just depends on what your are doing. When I am playing chords where I have to stretch my fingers out there to hit all of the notes, I've found the soprano scale is a bit easier to reach them. I'm most definitely not a purist though. I'll play anything. Except maybe a baritone.
Good point on the stretchy chords sometimes being easier on the soprano. I find some barring on the soprano easier as well- like barring the G and C string with one finger while doing an E chord.

Top Bottom