What to Give Away in a UU COntest

electrauke

Reaction score
I really want to start my first contest and I was wondering what is a good prize to give away. I mean what would you want other then a ukulele:confused:

Uke song book?

wow the options are only limited by imagination! So many great uke books and CDs out there, tshirts with uke themes, novelty items like kazoos...you name it!

You could try checking through the seasons contest threads and see what prizes have been offered up each week....they are many and varied and sometimes in keeping with the theme. There's been stuff from garden seeds to chocolate bars, to plastic ukes, sets of strings, tea bags etc etc...you get the idea :p

wow the options are only limited by imagination! So many great uke books and CDs out there, tshirts with uke themes, novelty items like kazoos...you name it!

You could try checking through the seasons contest threads and see what prizes have been offered up each week....they are many and varied and sometimes in keeping with the theme. There's been stuff from garden seeds to chocolate bars, to plastic ukes, sets of strings, tea bags etc etc...you get the idea :p

Yeah, I entered into your honey, tea, and coffee contest where you gave away tea bags.

Strings are a good, cheap option that everyone always needs.

I gave 3 options for prizes and everyone chose a new Snark tuner.

How about this, the Grand Prize is 2 kazoos, 1 Hamonica, not a cheap, plastic, one, but adequate, and a set of strings.
1st Prize is a set of strings and harmonica.
2nd is a harmonica.
3rd is a kazoo.

Do I have any entries, any suggestions.

your contest, your rules, your prizes. Don't post this here! Post in the contest forum :D

Anything from ukeleash would be a good prize. The main product is a uke strap you can use without altering your uke at all. (We have three of the basic ones.)
http://shop.ukeleash.com/

Lori is the owner and is a UU member.

yep they're great prizes but really it depends on what kind of contest it is...how challenging will it be? How much prep time would be expected of the contestants? How long is it going to run? These kinds of things may help inform your decision as to what to offer as incentives.

Just an aside, but I think - with certain exceptions of very high end prize contests - most people are generally in these things for the fun of it and the allure of prizes is a secondary concern often. Seems to be more about the process and participation than the end result.

A piggyback ride around the block.

Seasonistas have learned to be siustained on a little bit.
Mya-Moes are always appreciated.

Top Bottom