First uke purchase- Islander MT-4 or KPK tenor?

ogopogo

Reaction score
Greetings to the UU community!

I just recently have been wanting to pick up the ukelele ever since I played my friends tenor Kala(not sure which model) and immediately fell in love with it. I'm an avid guitar player so this is not my first time fiddling with a string instrument. I have been searching around the forums for reviews about the two tenors I listed in the thread title but just want a little more clarification, if possible.

My budget is basically around 200$, give or take, and have narrowed it down to the Mt-4 and the KPK tenor. If anyone has any suggestions beside these please don't hesitate to let me know!

I was really more curious on how the tonal qualities of the instruments would differ? In terms of response, sustain, and just overall quality! Is one model better at things than the other? I understand that sound is purely subjective but I'd rather have some sort of opinion rather than taking a shot in the dark.

Thanks in advanced!

Check out the MT-4 at Hawaii Music supply. Offering a deal with a hard case and set up within your budget.

They get very good reviews on here and sounded good to me on the clip at HMS. Makes me want to get one myself.

Top Bottom