ohana sk-38 vs kamoa 3e-sv

diggah

Reaction score
I've been interested in something with a funky old martin sound (but not a martin price tag). Either one of these can be had for ~$200 set up by mims. Right now I'm leaning towards the Kamoa because it has more unconventional tone woods and a lifetime guarantee.

Don't think I can make a bad choice, as either one seems like a lot of uke for the buck. Still, any help would be appreciated.

Mahalo

I had a SK-38 and loved it! Only sold because I bought a Kiwaya KTS-4. The SK-38 is solid mahogany with ebony bridge and saddle. The Kamoa is maple and spruce. I think the Ohana comes a lot closer to the Martin sound than the Kamoa (based on seeing the tone woods).

I was looking at a Kamoa too but the reviews of the Kamoa are not as good as the Ohana. The Kamoa, according to the reviews is heavier built. If it was my dollar I would go with Ohana.

The Kamoa's are a bit heavier true, but still very sweet...But I've also had some Ohana's that I loved as well..I suggest you flip a coin, you win either way!

The original SK-38 is a wonderful instrument as far as I am concerned. I think it is underpriced.

Top Bottom