Beginner soprano ukulele- aNueNue or Hulala?

smoketree

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking to buy my first ukulele and I'm a beginner. I'm probably going with a soprano but I'm trying to decide between three that my local music store carries:

aNueNue U900 Soprano Rabbit
OR
aNueNue Ukulele Papa 1 Soprano
OR
Hulala HO I Soprano

Any advice or recommendations as to which one is better?
Also, what size ukuleles are better to sing with? Does it matter? I was told it's easier to find tabs and chords for sopranos...

Thank you!

Hi! I'm looking to buy my first ukulele and I'm a beginner. I'm probably going with a soprano but I'm trying to decide between three that my local music store carries:

aNueNue U900 Soprano Rabbit
OR
aNueNue Ukulele Papa 1 Soprano
OR
Hulala HO I Soprano

Any advice or recommendations as to which one is better?
Also, what size ukuleles are better to sing with? Does it matter? I was told it's easier to find tabs and chords for sopranos...

Thank you!
If you tell us a little bit more like your budget and where you are from we will give you a better idea of what you could get.

I think I heard someone say that Hulala are made by Anuenue, but are the "cheaper" models.
Like how Kala has Makala, and Gibson has Epiphone, and Fender has Squier.

Overall, the Anuenue will be better quality instruments and generally sound better.
I've tried both brands side-by-side, they are all very well made and are awesome value for money.

My favourites are the solid wood ukuleles made by Anuenue, but they are also a bit more expensive.

I did a review of the papa II (LINK) a while back. loved it.
all the AnuNue ukes have played nice. My vote would be the Papa I

Thank you all for the replies!

My budget would be ideally around 100-150 dollars and I'm from Montreal, Canada.

Thank you!
Hi, welcome to UU.
Soprano, concert and tenor ukes are generally tuned the same (gCEA) so the tabs and chords would be the same. The difference would be the timbre (tone), and the scale length. You should try the different sizes to see which feels more comfortable to you. Some people find the soprano too cramped and others find the stretch of the tenor too much. Only you will know which is best for you.

Then Goldilocks said "and the concert was just right". LOL

Bill

Top Bottom