Online Seller Packaging

RedRamen

Reaction score
So I have been reading the forums and can't seem to find a direct answer to my question, so please forgive me if this has been answered before.

I am looking to buy my first uke. Probably a Kala KA-S or and Islander or something. I have to buy online since the shops I have been to have not been great. I also want a place that does setups so I am looking to buy from HMS or UkeRepublic or ukuleleacademy. I've had some bad experience with guitars being damaged during shipment due to inadequate protection.

My question is: How well do these stores package their ukes for shipping? Is it bubble wrapped adequately? And Is it double boxed? Or do they only ship in the ukulele box itself?

Last edited:
A lot of times, it depends on the seller. Most of the time, if the uke is purchased with a hard case, it's in the case and then placed in a box with adequate packing materials. I've purchased entry level ukes from HMS and UkeRepublic where it did not come with a case or only came with a gigbag and it was bubble wrapped nicely and placed in a uke box and shipped. They would most likely take extra special care with pricier items. When I purchased from Elderly, they tend to double box unless a hard case is purchased with the uke. No matter how they ship it, though, if the uke is damaged en route, HMS and UkeRepublic would definitely make it right. They're good people.

Hi, Erik -

I have purchased many ukes from HMS, UkeRepublic, Mim, Elderly, and Mainland. They have always come in tip-top shape with excellent packing.

Let us know what you get!

I actually just found out that my brother and/or mother is going to get me a ukulele for Christmas!! :D

So it has been down to a Kala KA-S, Ohana SK-20S, or Islander MSS-4

I dont know what they are planning on getting me, but I think I will be happy with any of them.

Out of those three, I'd say lobby for the Islander. I actually had a chance to play all three of these models, though in the concert size (KA-C, CK-20s and MSC-4), and the Islander was overall much better tone wise and volume wise, at least to my ears. Both the Ohana and Islander had a fuller sound than the Kala, the Islander just seemed to have more volume and more dynamics than the Ohana.

I ordered a tenor and case from HMS and it was very well packed.

Top Bottom