Does Kala make a solid Mahogany top, laminate side/back tenor ukulele?

optofonik

Reaction score
I can't seem to find one on their website, only an all solid Mahogany. Seems odd they wouldn't make one, yes?

I can't seem to find one on their website, only an all solid Mahogany. Seems odd they wouldn't make one, yes?

Had a friend who had exactly that, in a baritone, which makes me think it's VERY likely to be a part of their tenor line!!

@hawaii 50

That's were I've gotten my Makala Pineapple (a special order) and Concert ukuleles and the two Ukadelics I bought for gifting. All that to say I'm now a loyal customer.

@J'Ukebox

I can't seem to find one. There are plenty of "all mahogany body" options, though.

The only solid mahogany top / laminate side and back one I can find is the Cordoba 20TM but there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. In case anyone is wondering, I don't want the maintenance issues I would have with all solid construction.

Hi, optofonik,

"There are plenty of "all mahogany body" options, though."

I can't help but notice that it does not say all SOLID mahogany body," which it should if it is all solid construction... have U tried caling someone at Kala?

Hi, optofonik,

"There are plenty of "all mahogany body" options, though."

I can't help but notice that it does not say all SOLID mahogany body," which it should if it is all solid construction... have U tried caling someone at Kala?

Probably should do that. At $165 msrp for a Tenor I can't imagine anything other than a laminate top. The Cordoba, aimed at a comparable market, has a msrp of $215. At this general price point I wonder how much it really matters.

Aloha again!

"Probably should do that. At $165 msrp for a Tenor..."

That sounds about what i would guess for a solid top, laminate back & sides, which would probably be optimal!! Best of luck!

Ohana does checlk with Mim think its a 20?

Last edited:
The new Gretsch has a solid mahogany top and laminated body, and HMS gives them good reviews. Probably the same as the Cordoba and Ohana's.

Went for a Kala Solid Top Golden Acacia on sale at HMS. If that's not a keeper, I'll look into the Ohana TK-20. Thanks everyone.

Mick

Top Bottom