What is the best online ukulele dealer?

Another vote for Mim. She responded to my emails and calls on a timely basis, and does a wonderful job on the setup.

Can anyone recommend a Martin retailer that will do a setup? Even on the lower end model like a OX?

I live a few minutes from Elderly Instruments. The in-store experience is very good, but I don't have an online experience to share. Their ukulele guy is very skilled and knowledgeable. Someone commented they are overpriced. My opinion: not a place to find your "best deal ever", but not overpriced. You can't run a shop like Elderly and also be a Costco of stringed instruments. That would be Guitar Center.

Another well known Michigan-based business I recommend is Strings-By-Mail. Great selection and they ship fast.

I live a few minutes from Elderly Instruments. The in-store experience is very good, but I don't have an online experience to share. Their ukulele guy is very skilled and knowledgeable. Someone commented they are overpriced. My opinion: not a place to find your "best deal ever", but not overpriced. You can't run a shop like Elderly and also be a Costco of stringed instruments.

I did buy one ukulele online from Elderly, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Perfectly set up, very quick to respond to emails and questions, and shipped right away via my preferred shipper.

They weren't any higher priced than HMS. Don't know if Mim or Uke Republic would have been less expensive if they had what I wanted, but it was the same price as HMS, and perfectly set up.

I did get one ukulele from Mim, which was also set up very well, and she did have a better price on that one. She had it for something like 18 months without anyone buying it, so she might have been anxious to make a sale? I don't know if she typically has such good deals, but perhaps she does. Regardless, it's a fantastic ukulele, set up well, and I would buy from Mim again as well.

I did buy one ukulele online from Elderly, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Perfectly set up, very quick to respond to emails and questions, and shipped right away via my preferred shipper.

They weren't any higher priced than HMS. Don't know if Mim or Uke Republic would have been less expensive if they had what I wanted, but it was the same price as HMS, and perfectly set up.

I did get one ukulele from Mim, which was also set up very well, and she did have a better price on that one. She had it for something like 18 months without anyone buying it, so she might have been anxious to make a sale? I don't know if she typically has such good deals, but perhaps she does. Regardless, it's a fantastic ukulele, set up well, and I would buy from Mim again as well.

I try to do good deals. Sometimes it depends on the uke. In general I try to have my prices be the same as everyone else's. And shipping on orders over $200 are free, so that helps. Packaging saves money to. If you are buying a uke I try to cut you a good deal on a case and all the little bits that come with a uke :) And of course I set everything up no matter what. But yes, good deals on ukes I have had a long time can oft-times happen ;)

I have had great uke purchases from HMS, Elderly, and Bernuzio. It all depends on who happens to have an instrument I want to buy.

The Ukulele Site in Hawaii is really nice, they really prep them up and check them out before shipping;

theukulelesite.com

Top Bottom