More Pono 2nds

Heh he heh.

There will be one soon, Ginny -- too good of a deal to resist.

(My embarrassing UAS story: the day after my daughter was born, while Maeve slept in the nursery and Nicole rested in the maternity ward, I met a BU student outside the hospital, had a quick jam, and bought my first bari. It's not in my signature because a student has more or less adopted it.)

Heh he heh.
My embarrassing UAS story: the day after my daughter was born, while Maeve slept in the nursery and Nicole rested in the maternity ward, I met a BU student outside the hospital, had a quick jam, and bought my first bari. It's not in my signature because a student has more or less adopted it.

What's her name, Connor? The student. Heh he heh.;)

Steve, you dirty old man, you. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Seriously, brah, thanks for the tips on the eBay listing. Which one you buy? I've been tempted by the coquettish Opiecat, but two things have me put on the brakes in the past: the no returns policy, and not showing a photo of the ukulele I'll actually be buying. What's with that? I do see that the feedback is good. One person says their uke had no label inside the soundhole, so I'm guessing--like those old paperbacks in the bargain bin at Big Lots, that they all have the label removed--I know it's small, and I'm not Felix Unger, but what if I wanted to resell it? I know, I know, it's $300 off retail. Just tons of "what ifs". But, I'm sitting on the fence, and it hurts.

( An alternative: a brand new, factory fresh and warrantied Bruko solid mahogany bari that I just ordered is $433, and that includes shipping from Bruko in Germany and a passive Shadow pickup! (It's about $390 w/out the pickup). That's hard to beat, these Brukos are the cat's pajamas! There's no right answer here, certainly.)

(I wish we lived closer to jam, Connorman).

Last edited:
Seriously, brah, thanks for the tips on the eBay listing. Which one you buy? I've been tempted by the coquettish Opiecat, but two things have me put on the brakes in the past: the no returns policy, and not showing a photo of the ukulele I'll actually be buying. What's with that? I do see that the feedback is good. One person says their uke had no label inside the soundhole, so I'm guessing--like those old paperbacks in the bargain bin at Big Lots, that they all have the label removed--I know it's small, and I'm not Felix Unger, but what if I wanted to resell it? I know, I know, it's $300 off retail. Just tons of "what ifs". But, I'm sitting on the fence, and it hurts.

( An alternative: a brand new, factory fresh and warrantied Bruko solid mahogany bari that I just ordered is $433, and that includes shipping from Bruko in Germany and a passive Shadow pickup! (It's about $390 w/out the pickup). That's hard to beat, these Brukos are the cat's pajamas! There's no right answer here, certainly.)

I have two Pono 2nds and both have labels. I have the MC and the MBD models. The value is great, IMO. Although, that Bruko sounds like a good deal. Please review when you get it

Likewise, brother.

I picked up the MB. I don't need any more bling.

I'll let you know how it works out, and I'll be waiting on that Bruko review.

Top Bottom