He won't post it himself so I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
could a moderator please step in and close this thread.its making me sick. i think we got the point on each side. thank you. man, you guys are vicous. you preach so much of the Aloha spirit and turn aorund and post stupid photos with snarky comments.

There is a lot of love for Uncle E, and you are surprised people are reacting. I am glad to be a part of a group that cares about each other.

not surprised at all. u come to find the hard way that you open any kind of criticism, you get ratted out by some sort of a thursday night bingo clique. Like you, i care about Uncle E but had had enough of this back and forth trying to look cool being on the " good side".
There is a lot of love for Uncle E, and you are surprised people are reacting. I am glad to be a part of a group that cares about each other.

I don't agree or disagree with what webby posted but he does have a right to his opinion just like the ones that are coming down hard on him. If you make a post don't expect everyone to agree with it. The ones that are posting against webby are being exactly what they claim he is being.
Maybe rather then close the thread just move it to where it probably should have been posted in the first place and this wouldn't be going on right now.

I just think that Webby's post was, you know, not being polite. He is entitled to his own opinion but come on, why post this on a thread meant to support this guy. I hope we can put this all behind us.

SORRY, I meant to say not being polite.

Last edited:
i agree, this post was meant to support and celebrate such an amazing human being's success /eandeavor and webby's post was like a drop of vinegar in a honeyjar. lets all move on and support Uncle Elvis.
I just think that Webby's post was, you know, being polite. He is entitled to his own opinion but come on, why post this on a thread meant to support this guy. I hope we can put this all behind us.

I just think that Webby's post was, you know, not being polite. He is entitled to his own opinion but come on, why post this on a thread meant to support this guy. I hope we can put this all behind us.

SORRY, I meant to say not being polite.

This. Exactly. It was a thread started by a friend to let other friends of the friend know of the happy thing going on! Because E is a big part of this community. Because here on UU, we love the love and dont like the hate. So... yes, lets put it behind us and lets get back to the happy and the love!!! Today has had too much suckage for this thread turn into one more piece of suckage when its intention was to be the sharing of joy! Happy thoughts... happy thoughts...

There's no business like show business !

Oh - and those of you with the super low IQ's and potty mouths who's only way of interacting was with filthy language, please be aware this is a a forum used by children, after all it is predominantly a childrens instrument, hope you are proud of yourselves.

Oh - and those of you with the super low IQ's and potty mouths who's only way of interacting was with filthy language, please be aware this is a a forum used by children, after all it is predominantly a childrens instrument, hope you are proud of yourselves.

Include yourself in these genres.

Can we please try to keep the insults to a m... no... to non-existant?

Webby, I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring such self-righteous negativity, but that's on you.

No one even remotely hinted that I was even a little bit more talented than I am. You seem to be reading that into people's posts.

The constant pokes and digs are completely unnecessary and I'm really not sure why you keep posting, unless it's a desperate cry for attention. If so?

I notice you. I see you there, big fella. You're loved.

I do have to thank you, though.
Your weird little... whatever that was... has certainly made me feel good, seeing all these wonderful folks coming to my defense. It means a lot.

Perhaps if you tried a little more positivity and a little less negativity and insults, you might get some fawning adoration gushing forth" for you!

Now, can we shut all this bad stuff down?

Please?

Webby has made his point. Can we please please please not respond in kind?
I love you guys so, so much for stepping up and having my back. I hope you all know how much.
But this bickering because someone doesn't like me and thinks that opinion matters? Well, you're only proving the latter by responding to it.
I'm sure he'll take another swing at me.
When he does, grab your ukulele and practice moving your Bb (4322) up the neck and, when you reach the top, change it to an E (4442) and move it back down.
If you STILL want to respond, do it again with the barred G (4232) up and barred D (2224) down.
If THAT doesn't work, practice the \/finger \/thumb /\finger triplet strum for 5 minutes.

I may have got those chord shapes wrong...

That's not very nice folks!! I thought Mim and several others said lets put all this behind us and move on.

I don't know you Uncle Elvis but I applaud you for being a stand up dude. Your alright in my book and apparently a lot of others. Maybe I'll be at UWC 2013 and see for myself what a great guy you are.
Best regards from me and keep doing what your doing. its apparent your well loved.
Can we please try to keep the insults to a m... no... to non-existant?

Webby, I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring such self-righteous negativity, but that's on you.

No one even remotely hinted that I was even a little bit more talented than I am. You seem to be reading that into people's posts.

The constant pokes and digs are completely unnecessary and I'm really not sure why you keep posting, unless it's a desperate cry for attention. If so?

I notice you. I see you there, big fella. You're loved.

I do have to thank you, though.
Your weird little... whatever that was... has certainly made me feel good, seeing all these wonderful folks coming to my defense. It means a lot.

Perhaps if you tried a little more positivity and a little less negativity and insults, you might get some fawning adoration gushing forth" for you!

Now, can we shut all this bad stuff down?

Please?

Webby has made his point. Can we please please please not respond in kind?
I love you guys so, so much for stepping up and having my back. I hope you all know how much.
But this bickering because someone doesn't like me and thinks that opinion matters? Well, you're only proving the latter by responding to it.
I'm sure he'll take another swing at me.
When he does, grab your ukulele and practice moving your Bb (4322) up the neck and, when you reach the top, change it to an E (4442) and move it back down.
If you STILL want to respond, do it again with the barred G (4232) up and barred D (2224) down.
If THAT doesn't work, practice the \/finger \/thumb /\finger triplet strum for 5 minutes.

I may have got those chord shapes wrong...

I have asked the mods to shut this thread down. Fortunately the thread served its purpose - UE has gone over his original goal and the numbers keep mounting. Many of us - myself included - have said things we probably shouldn't have. UE himself has asked for us to shut it down. I am hoping the mods will get my request and lock it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom