He won't post it himself so I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have words.

Seriously. I've been reduced to a blubbering mess.

Thank you, everyone. I have never felt love of this magnitude before. It's overwhelming and crazy and mindblowing.

Dude, CHUCK MOORE donated to my album! How surreal is that?

I don't have words.

Seriously. I've been reduced to a blubbering mess.

Thank you, everyone. I have never felt love of this magnitude before. It's overwhelming and crazy and mindblowing.

Dude, CHUCK MOORE donated to my album! How surreal is that?

Now you have to get him to sponsor you... ya know... with a uke... :)

I have never felt love of this magnitude before.

And that was even before I jumped in. Bet you feel even better now!

You are $99 shy of the goal as of this posting. I'm sure you'll get there in 43 days. Just a bit more than $2 a day!

And that was even before I jumped in. Bet you feel even better now!

You are $99 shy of the goal as of this posting. I'm sure you'll get there in 43 days. Just a bit more than $2 a day!

Wow. Thank you so much.

Wow. I'm...

wow.

I'll tell ya... if I go over, and I hope it happens, we're gonna do even more amazing things with this CD.
Like a serious producer and stuff! (I have a friend who's AMAZING, BAFTA award winning and all that!)
And more stuff!

I'm a wreck. Thank you all.

MIKE (Uncle Elvis) hit goal!!!!....

BUT the 3k wasn the bare minimum to make the CD just good enought to be worth making...

There is still 42 days left to get in on the ground floor!

SO! Donations still being accepted. BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

A legend in his own mind and his mothers eyes.

i just listened to a few of his tracks on you tube, I don't think he's very good at all, chords are all wrong and he seems to only know 3 of them, the same up down strum on every song, he aint that great a singer and his videos are all over the place, did my head in, he does have heaps of enthusiasm for the uke so gotta give him credit for that but I wont be rushing out to buy his CD - sorry if this upsets his fan club but it's just my opinion.

i just listened to a few of his tracks on you tube, I don't think he's very good at all, chords are all wrong and he seems to only know 3 of them, the same up down strum on every song, he aint that great a singer and his videos are all over the place, did my head in, he does have heaps of enthusiasm for the uke so gotta give him credit for that but I wont be rushing out to buy his CD - sorry if this upsets his fan club but it's just my opinion.
Wow. Of course you are totally entitled to your opinion. But I'm not sure this was the best place to put this.

Heyya webby, thanks for your opinion.

Mike is an Entertainer and has a stage persence like no other, He is hoping to record a CD.

This thread is here so that the people that would like to support him, aka his friends on this forum, and in real life who may have missed the announcment on face book and on you tube, and may want to help him in his effort to create a cd can know where to go to do so.

So once again, Thank you for your opinion of this mans worth and talent from watcning a "Few tracks" on you tube, and then taking the time to post that opinion here. time is a valuble thing, thanks for spending yours posting here.

thanks again.

P.S. Oh and thanks for embracing that Aloha Spirit that UU is known for. :)

Last edited:

bird-pooping.jpg

4E81809D-A99A-4589-A55E-549AD77F385A-6136-0000088183283CB6.jpg

You know, I started this thread to support a great guy and a great entertainer. Like I said when I first posted - he's no Jake Shimabukuro and he's no Josh Groban. What he is, though, is pursuing his dream and is being supported by the many, many people who love him, love his zest for life, and love his performances.

There is a time and a place for everything. It is unfortunate that you don't see that this is not the place, and not the time, to be bashing someone who has done nothing to deserve your harsh words and in fact didn't even have a hand in starting this thread.

You said "sorry if this upsets his fan club but it's just my opinion." Well...I am one of his many fans. I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked people to go look at his proposal and give if it met their approval. Opinions on his skill and style were not solicited, but apparently that didn't stop you from offering them anyway.

Unlike JT_Ukes, I am not thanking you for your opinion. I am wondering why you would choose to chime in on a thread of people who are obviously sharing their appreciation of someone just so you could drop a load on him. Do you really feel that you have contributed to this thread in any way but to make people upset? Obviously you knew you were going to upset people - but you chose to post anyway.

You said you won't rush out and buy his CD...please don't change your mind. You have already reviewed it negatively before it has even been created.

Last edited:
Ignore Webby - he's obviously not gotten enough attention lately as evidenced by the number of recent trolls in other threads.

Uncle-E has something folks like Webby will never have - real friends...oh, and personality...and stage presence...and... :biglaugh:

I wonder if Webby is making his living playing ukulele...

John

Elvis embodies the UWC spirit. He emotes the aloha spirit. He makes us laugh and feel like a family.

I didn't get to go to last year's UWC but I enjoyed watching Elvis' video. I got a nice healthy smile from that.

It doesn't matter to me if somebody opines that Elvis aint Jake. It does matter to me that you post it in such a negative way.

This site isn't specifically tailored for the pros. Its tailored for ukulele learning. and the way downhome music is played.

Even if Webby is technically correct, I'd still support Elvis. Elvis makes people feel good and that's more than any single ukulele purchase of mine can do.

This thread was meant to support Uncle E, not bash him. You are entitled to your opinion but don't be a jerk. You do not have to post this here. The least you could be is courteous.

You know what they say about opinions, right? They're alot like certain parts of the anatomy, the parts proctologists specialize in. We all have them, but some stink worse than others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom