Another Valuation question - Kawika Concert

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
How does one come up with a value for a Kawika. I'm looking at a Kawika concert that has a Koa body and - I think - cedar top. It's exquisite and in nearly pristine condition. It has 12 frets to the body. How do you come up with a fair price for something like this. There aren't too many transactions that show up on ebay and if you took seriously the price at a site like Ukulele Friend then it would be worth something like $4500.

I'm not sure but if you're not going to buy it I would like to know where you found it!
How does one come up with a value for a Kawika. I'm looking at a Kawika concert that has a Koa body and - I think - cedar top. It's exquisite and in nearly pristine condition. It has 12 frets to the body. How do you come up with a fair price for something like this. There aren't too many transactions that show up on ebay and if you took seriously the price at a site like Ukulele Friend then it would be worth something like $4500.

i recently bought a Kawika Baritone - since they are no longer being manufactured
then you have to weigh the cost against the instrument and what you already have -
then decide if in fact it is worth the price that is being asked. i obviously
thought it was worth the monies being asked and so now have a lovely Kawika
here. Every instrument is different and so i base things on that particular instrument
rather than based on a name and price formula.

Top Bottom