45th Season of the Ukulele: "Whilst Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-U1DFaa6j0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Terrific challenge this Season, Geoff.
The tune is "Maui" from Chas. K. Hopkins' "Aloha Collection of Hawaiian Songs", arranged by the great Earnest Ka'ai.
And for what it's worth, this video's setting is a kitchen in Paia, a small town on Maui, Hawaii.

That was lovely Ralf. I liked the simple accompaniment.

Seeing the sun shining through the window makes me envious. Here, I am in the middle of a dreary, dark UK winter nursing the end of a particularly bad winter cough & cold. Not been much snow this year but much rain. Much much rain.

Playlists updated:
Season 45 Entries playlist
Season 45 Bonus tracks playlist

Please check I have yours and PM me if I have missed you out.

Last edited:
Season 45 of the ukulele is now officially ended.

There were 20 entries which is pretty good considering it was Christmas.

Great one Geoff, thanks for taking the time out of your holidays, I know it was impossible to get much free time on my end!
on to 2013.

Very nice, yes. As Peewee said, a wonderful season. Thanks Geoff and Seasonistas one and all.

I'm glad you folks enjoyed the season. I'm hoping to go looking for certificate blanks soon to create some certificates for all those great entries. I'm afraid I've got a bit behind because I caught a rather nasty cough between Christmas and New Year and I am still recovering. My wife and daughter have also come down with it but we're more or less on the mend now, so I hope to deal with this soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Geoff.

I finally got a chance to enjoy the playlist last night. What an amazing Season. Interesting to see and hear how the meaning of the song (or at least its emotional impact) can be drastically different depending on the musical setting. Thanks, all!

Have the winners ever been announced for this week ??? just curious :)

Sorry Daveey. Guilty as charged.

I'm afraid the period after Christmas was not the best of times one way and another, so dealing with this kinda got put on the back burner. I've not forgotten and things are finally settling down so I will get around to it.

No worries Geoff :) i wasnt hassling,just curious, i was laying in bed the other night and it popped into my head, hope your better now mate, i know there has been loads of bugs and viruses since december, all the best from me :)

Top Bottom