Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Your invitation to the Seasons of the Ukulele!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,036

    Default

    some of the season themes are pretty specific - a particular band, or something. other times everything is pretty open and the choice of possible songs is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. if you check out each week's theme on Saturday night, see if anything grabs you, if you are inspired you have the week to work something up, if not just see if the following week's theme is more tempting

    if you can't work up a song in the time, you can always take a late vid to the misfits island, and say it was for X week but you're a bit late.
    lynda

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I might jump in and have a go in the near future even though I am a mere beginner.
    Do you think that this microphone would be ok for recording?

    Do I have to show my face?
    Soprano:Caramel CS400A, Makala Waterman Transparent Ice
    Concert:Caramel CC102A
    Tenor:Kmise Solid Mahogany Top, Baton Rouge V2-T8 Sun 8 String
    First Uke: Mahalo U2K Soprano (the one that started it all!)
    Other Instruments: Mandolin, Didge, Harmonica, Bodhran
    Wish List Kala Ka-SLNG

    A Ukulele is a way of life, not just for Christmas!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    I might jump in and have a go in the near future even though I am a mere beginner.
    As a fewllow beginner, I can highly recommend giving the seasons a go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    Do I have to show my face?
    No, you don't have to. I always add some filters to my videos to make myself a little less recognizable and I can think of two or three "headless ukers" among the regulars.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Upper Hale, Surrey/Hants border, UK.
    Posts
    4,205

    Default

    I started uke 14 months ago, just take a look at my first video, I was rubbish!

    Joining in on the Seasons really helped me to develop & gain confidence, they are a great bunch of people.

    The mic looks like it will work well enough, I started out using a cheap digital camera, & I've just bought & used a 17 USB mic for one of my entries.
    You may have to play a bit louder than you think at first, but you can find that out in the comfort of your own home.

    Nobody saw my face for at least 6 months, I didn't want to scare them!
    Same with 'singing', just wasn't comfortable, but I can just about manage a bit now & again.

    My advice, join in & have some fun.

    (You don't have to commit to every week just when it suits you.)
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlastikUke View Post
    As a fewllow beginner, I can highly recommend giving the seasons a go.

    No, you don't have to. I always add some filters to my videos to make myself a little less recognizable and I can think of two or three "headless ukers" among the regulars.
    Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I started uke 14 months ago, just take a look at my first video, I was rubbish!

    Joining in on the Seasons really helped me to develop & gain confidence, they are a great bunch of people.

    The mic looks like it will work well enough, I started out using a cheap digital camera, & I've just bought & used a 17 USB mic for one of my entries.
    You may have to play a bit louder than you think at first, but you can find that out in the comfort of your own home.

    Nobody saw my face for at least 6 months, I didn't want to scare them!
    Same with 'singing', just wasn't comfortable, but I can just about manage a bit now & again.

    My advice, join in & have some fun.
    Thanks
    Soprano:Caramel CS400A, Makala Waterman Transparent Ice
    Concert:Caramel CC102A
    Tenor:Kmise Solid Mahogany Top, Baton Rouge V2-T8 Sun 8 String
    First Uke: Mahalo U2K Soprano (the one that started it all!)
    Other Instruments: Mandolin, Didge, Harmonica, Bodhran
    Wish List Kala Ka-SLNG

    A Ukulele is a way of life, not just for Christmas!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    139

    Default

    How can I volunteer to become a host? By just doing a video and telling seasonistas about the new theme? Or are there any regulations?
    Just being curious

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Have a look at the "Sign up for future Seasons III" thread. It will tell you which seasons are currently without hosts. Then just comment on the thread to say which one you would like to host.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Thanks Robin!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucilleJustRocks View Post
    How can I volunteer to become a host? By just doing a video and telling seasonistas about the new theme? Or are there any regulations?
    Just being curious
    We have 5 open seasons that still require hosts in the current sign up period.
    They are in May June and July.
    We'd love them to be filled by first time hosters...

    Heino, if you've got a theme ready to go i will happily vacate season 268 and let you host ....


    There is an extensive list of previous themes to look through on the Seasons III thread to find out if it's been done before....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •