Ukulele Underground Northern California Meet Up/Jam in SF? Anyone interested?

Hey! Let's make one of the songs a song that fits this week's Seasons of the Uke theme (Songs about songs), make a video of us playing it, and enter the video in the Seasons of the Uke. Whaddaya say?

What song? I don't do Seasons of the Uke but if someone has a good one and can produce the music for us and they want to video it and enter it, they can go for it.

Anyone looking at this, make sure you follow the current updates for this event at: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...-Saturday-March-23rd-(San-Francisco-CA)/page2

Hey! Let's make one of the songs a song that fits this week's Seasons of the Uke theme (Songs about songs), make a video of us playing it, and enter the video in the Seasons of the Uke. Whaddaya say?

Jam in progress. image.jpg

Post lunch jam:
image.jpgimage.jpg

Attendance- 11 UUers and a professional blues harmonica player.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
Wish more of you could join us!
Ukulele Rebelion of San Francisco:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 46
attachment.php

Blew it up!!

It was a blast meeting everyone who was there! Thanks again, Jay, for hosting and Jay, Ryan, and Jim for playing MC. I hope to do it again sometime.

:agree:

That was a lot of fun! Great to meet other UUers and a big thank you to Jay for being such a fantastic host along with Ryan and Jim.

Would love to do it again!

I had a great time with all of you today, and felt most welcome as the self-designated most inexperienced uker there in attendance. Speaking as an experienced acoustic guitarist with less than two years experience with ukuleles, I realize after today's gathering that I need to work on memorizing more ukulele chord diagrams, rather than relying upon my thus far lazy [guitarist?] approach of 'playing by ear! I had to leave early, but will stay ALL DAY, if and when Jay invites us again. Mahalo to him for all his efforts and generosity, and his aloha hospitality. And special thanks also to gyosh for offering to swap HF-3s with me for a couple of tunes, so that I could experience 'low G' playing and his uke's excellent PhD strings for the very first time! By the way, free street parking nearby was easy to find, and the neighborhood (where I admittedly used to work nearby before retiring last May) isn't really so bad in my opinion (compared to some other parts of S.F. and the Bay Area), especially on a sunny Saturday morning.

I had a great time with all of you today, and felt most welcome as the self-designated most inexperienced uker there in attendance. Speaking as an experienced acoustic guitarist with less than two years experience with ukuleles, I realize after today's gathering that I need to work on memorizing more ukulele chord diagrams, rather than relying upon my thus far lazy [guitarist?] approach of 'playing by ear! I had to leave early, but will stay ALL DAY, if and when Jay invites us again. Mahalo to him for all his efforts and generosity, and his aloha hospitality. And special thanks also to gyosh for offering to swap HF-3s with me for a couple of tunes, so that I could experience 'low G' playing and his uke's excellent PhD strings for the very first time! By the way, free street parking nearby was easy to find, and the neighborhood (where I admittedly used to work nearby before retiring last May) isn't really so bad in my opinion (compared to some other parts of S.F. and the Bay Area), especially on a sunny Saturday morning.

You can play my ukes anytime Jim. It was a pleasure to meet you and it was too bad you couldn't stay longer. Hope to play with you again real soon.

Those PhD strings.......

Hi again Gary (gyosh), and thanks for the kind words. I realized after I returned home today that Smiley Kai at Ukuele Source (no affiliation whatsoever) recommended and sold me a set of PhDs last year that I haven't yet tried! I have a few different brands of string sets on hand, but the PhDs go on next! In many ways Jay made this a great day for everyone.

Art
(Jimdrum)

Thanks Jay
nice building and great pictures..like I was there
and CJ nice MB

Thanks to Jay for all the work he put into organizing the SF UU jam and for offering a great space in which to play, and to both Jan and Ryan for hosting! It was great fun meeting everyone and getting to see everyone's ukuleles, especially a certain Moore Bettah, a certain Pepe Romero (both of which I had the pleasure of playing briefly), some nice Pohaku ukuleles, and the lovely Anakoneke ukuleles that Toni builds. I know the jam was a big undertaking, but I hope we do it again soon.

Mahalo for the great pictures..looks like a great time you all had.....I reconized many members but I did not on some...can you list some names so I can match them with their names
maybe by what they are wearing...thank you

Nice slideshow! Looks like a fun time. Thanks for sharing.

Mahalo for the great pictures..looks like a great time you all had.....I reconized many members but I did not on some...can you list some names so I can match them with their names
maybe by what they are wearing...thank you

Hi Stan, I didn't get everyone's names. Well, I got a list of names but don't know who some are as well. I just know the regulars who came from last year. About 1/2 were from UU and I think quite a few just heard about it. We even had a couple from Sweden! They were in town visiting, heard about it and showed up. So we're the "International UkeJam" I guess now! LOL

Top Bottom