48th Season Of The Ukulele: Cover The Best Albums Ever!

I miss the results ??,

No, not at all. I was hoping nobody would notice yet that I haven't posted results, but I guess Uncle Elvis' absence today has created a bit of a void. UNCLE ELVIS!!! The problem is that, despite working with some members of Toucan Sam & The Fruitloops to help judge, there is no clear winner because there were so damn many good videos! I'm going to have to get creative to come up with a winner. Stay tuned. I should have something to announce sometime during the week.

RESULTS!

First of all, let me say that as the Seasons have progressed, I've found it quite difficult to judge this week in part because I've become so familiar and friendly with many of you. My respect for all of you is great.

Secondly, this was tough because there were so many wonderful performances. I got together with some members of Toucan Sam & The Fruitloops as they helped with the judging and we all agreed there was really no clear winner(s). Too many "too close to call" vids. Also, I had to personally divorce myself from any emotional attachment I have to these songs, since most of them are personal favorites.

SO, without further ado..........(in my head John Bonham and Keith Moon are doing the most awesome drum roll in history!)...............

First place: Mikef for his version of Dear Diary by The Moody Blues. Everything really came together well for this song. The singing was spot on as was the playing, especially considering that you were performing with a loop pedal as well! The solo was terrific too. An all around winner.

Second place: Mattydee with Stairway To Heaven. Matt, you really put your heart and soul into this and made a true iconic song come thru superbly on ukulele with many of the bits and pieces of that tune shining through.

Mike and Matt, please send an IM with your addresses and I will get out the prizes soon. Mike, you have your choice of either some new Aquila strings or a Toucan Sam & The Fruitloops T-shirt.

Again, it was a very tough week to call and I thank you all so much for taking the time and putting forth the effort to participate.

On a side note, it was a lot of fun to read the top 10 lists some of you put up. Also, I was thrilled to have more people choose to do songs from my own list that the "professionally" put together list. There were so many songs that have a great deal of meaning for me that you all did. There were also some surprises. Nobody chose to cover Springsteen. I wasn't sure anyone would do KISS (let alone in full make-up!), or Ryan Adams. Tons of fun folks! Thanks so much.

Whoa! Thanks! And congrats to Mike, and everyone, really, for a stellar week. Sean, this season was awesome!

Congrats to the winners! Great videos, both, and well-deserved - and thanks ukuleledaddy for a great week, lots of fun playing and watching! L.

Thankyou very much Sean for a super week. Big congrats to Mike and Matt for their wonderful songs, and thankyou to everyone for a bunch of great performances. :)

Whooooop whoooooooooooop!!! Wow, I'm so chuffed!!! Thank you so much everyone :D
Well done to Matt for his awesome rendition of Stairway... and indeed to everyone, it's was a cracking theme... bravo Sean!

Mike-is he a first time?
I'm a first time winner, about 6th time entrant :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom