Vintage Soprano: Kamaka vs Martin Style 0

They are both marvelous instruments. The each have a unique sound that has to do with many factors, and they have a different visual aesthetic. You would do well to search and also try and play them if you have an opportunity to see for yourself.

When talking about vintage instruments only. Kamaka can be hit or miss. They changed their design over the years and sad to say many have come apart because of inferior construction. Most of the time they can sound really good but the intonation is not always spot on.

Vintage Martin O's on the other hand, have always had an excellent reputation that is well deserved. They are consistent in construction, looks and quality of sound. They usually cost more than Kamakas but are well worth it.

When talking about vintage instruments only. Kamaka can be hit or miss. They changed their design over the years and sad to say many have come apart because of inferior construction. Most of the time they can sound really good but the intonation is not always spot on.

Vintage Martin O's on the other hand, have always had an excellent reputation that is well deserved. They are consistent in construction, looks and quality of sound. They usually cost more than Kamakas but are well worth it.

:agree: I have a vintage Martin O and it's incredible. I'm not a huge Kamaka fan, but if the soprano was a pineapple....class of their own.

Yes, I agree with this--vintage Kamakas can be hit or miss, but I've never met a vintage Martin I did not like.

Top Bottom