Moore Bettah owners. Post your pics here

Wow. That's an amazingly beautiful ukulele. I hope it treats you well.

I'm not in the market - would be a crime the way I play :D but what actually do you do to get on the wait list? Have you got to like pass an exam, or win a nobel prize, or just go and camp out on the door step and convince him you are a worthy soul?? :)

Another Moore beautiful uke Ceci. I can't put down mine. It must be astonishing playing several!

I'm not in the market - would be a crime the way I play :D but what actually do you do to get on the wait list? Have you got to like pass an exam, or win a nobel prize, or just go and camp out on the door step and convince him you are a worthy soul?? :)

Chuck is one of the nicest people you will meet...i would try to contact him by email and let him know who you are,if you and him can work together that is your first step might take awhile but worth the wait....good luck

Hi Iulia, I know I am one of the luckiest persons in the world. Like Len said, Chuck is more than nice. I also think you could email him and talk to him. Good luck!

Another Moore beautiful uke Ceci. I can't put down mine. It must be astonishing playing several!

Hi Steve, I can't put down mine, either. I enjoy every MBU I have and I think they have different personalities ;)

maybe if I put my name down now, by the time I get to the top of the list I'll be a decent player :rock:

Any new Moore Bettah owners here on the forum? Please post your pictures!

Any new Moore Bettah owners here on the forum? Please post your pictures!

I see most of Chuck's ukes on his facebook page or HMS website these days.....and lucky enough to see many when they get recorded here....

Doubted I'd ever get a chance to own an MBU, but I recently was very fortunate to acquire "Aspen" from the original owner. It's always been one of my absolute favorite's of Chuck's inlays. The theme, the colors, the execution are all perfect for me. It's all the more special since I acquired it from someone with whom I've corresponded for quite some time, really enjoyed comparing notes on instruments with, and with whom we've both bought instruments the other used to own but had not yet transacted directly.

This 2016 uke was built with an Adirondack spruce top and Macassar ebony body. The binding and arm bevel are curly koa. It gives me great joy to just look at it but these are meant to be played, right? Well, this one begs to be played, too. I love its tone and playability.

35976646073_f71a7a771e.jpg

I did a quick sound sample. The third song is one I'm just learning and I made it all of ~10 measures before I really fumbled, so I abruptly cut it there. It's strung with Chuck's strings (Thomastik flat wound 3 & 4 and fluorocarbon 1 & 2) tuned linear Bb flat here, which is how I tune all of my tenors.

https://soundcloud.com/ukulele-eddie/mbu-aspen-initial-sample

Chuck has urged me to give C a try, so will do and then do some A/B samples in time.

Last edited:
Congrats Eddie on acquiring one of Chuck's finest. And welcome to the thread!

Good for you Eddie.....I too have really liked that particular ukulele. Congratulations.

Beautiful uke Eddie!
I finally took a few pictures of my "not-so-basic" MBU after I read this post. Same litter as Eddy's if I remember correctly, so it was about time :)
I tried Bb tuning and quickly came back to C, more balanced in my opinion (open F# was boomy on my uke).
2017.08_MBU1.jpg
2017.08_MBU_comp2.jpg
2017.08_MBU_comp3.jpg
2017.08_MBU4.jpg
2017.08_MBU5.jpg

Congrats, @Tof! Beautiful koa there!

Thanks, @mkatz, @downupdave, @dkcrown, @DanY

@Jim Hanks, think you're right but I will keep on open mind. ;-)

Top Bottom