Moore Bettah owners. Post your pics here

Eugene, your wish is my command:
View attachment 65060

It is an ebony inlay on mastodon ivory. Chuck says the ivory is Siberian and, I think, around 40,000 years old.

This character is "ki" in Japanese and "qi" in Chinese. Usually translated as "spirit," or "breath," or "life energy." It is often used in martial arts and Asian philosophy. My aikido and taijiquan training/teaching use the concept quite a lot. I wanted a uke that would have a "ki-full" spirit. The red bamboo is also classic Asian image of flexibility and flow.

Lovely uke, great way to highlight that aspect of martial arts, aikido and tai chi being two of the most ki/chi based inner arts.

Eugene, your wish is my command:
View attachment 65060

It is an ebony inlay on mastodon ivory. Chuck says the ivory is Siberian and, I think, around 40,000 years old.

This character is "ki" in Japanese and "qi" in Chinese. Usually translated as "spirit," or "breath," or "life energy." It is often used in martial arts and Asian philosophy. My aikido and taijiquan training/teaching use the concept quite a lot. I wanted a uke that would have a "ki-full" spirit. The red bamboo is also classic Asian image of flexibility and flow.

Wow Craig, it's absolutely stunning. If it is at all possible, given the meaning and the masterful aesthetic detail, I now am in love with it even more.

Any chance of a close-up of the headplate Craig?

I hope it's not in poor taste for me to post here. Here are a couple of pics I took of Craig's uke. When an uke has special significance, like Craig's uke does, it makes building it a lot more fun. The energy of the uke takes over early in the process. This uke has mana!

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 110
I hope it's not in poor taste for me to post here. Here are a couple of pics I took of Craig's uke. When an uke has special significance, like Craig's uke does, it makes building it a lot more fun. The energy of the uke takes over early in the process. This uke has mana!

Only fitting, Chuck, that you and Craig hook up at last -

Welcome to the MB family Craig. I agree with Chuck, your uke has that special mana. Mine was built in the same spirit with Native American (Lakota) symbols. It takes a spiritual person to bring such a instrument to life; Chuck definitly brings that out. Congrats!

I never thought I would be joining this thread....but....I have received the most incredible instrument... For me, Chuck is the best...he is also an artist who manages to merge beauty, form and function to create something wondrous and incredible...... I think for me that this is the instrument that I always dreamed of...
DSC_0011 copy.jpgDSC_0013 copy.jpgDSC_0014 copy.jpgDSC_0015 copy.jpgDSC_0010 copy.jpg

Wow wow wow some nice MB coming out from Chuckie lately.....no one and I mean no one can match Chuckie now as he is on top of his game now...
Amazing Milo and Bearclaw spruce Denise, congratulations and welcome to the club...wow wow also Craig congrats too ...

I never thought I would be joining this thread....but....I have received the most incredible instrument... For me, Chuck is the best...he is also an artist who manages to merge beauty, form and function to create something wondrous and incredible...... I think for me that this is the instrument that I always dreamed of...
View attachment 66308View attachment 66309View attachment 66310View attachment 66311View attachment 66312

Nice Moore Bettah...looks familiar....it is Milo right?

congrats....the sound/tone is in its own World Huh?
nothing close..IMO

now you know..... :)

Last edited:
Congratulations, it is lovely. I am very happy for you - and very jealous to boot. The strap button is a nice addition.

I think this is the thread on UU that brings me the most joy (and jealousy)! I live vicariously through you lucky MB owners. :)

Beautiful as usual, I'm pretty sure I saw that one still in pieces a couple weeks ago. Congratulations! Envious!

Congrats Denise...that uke looks lovely and I love slotted headstocks.

Three MBs spend a little time together at Ukulele Jay's Uke Jam by the Bay in March. Mine is the one on the right.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just visited Chuck and tried his Spruce Macassar Ebony Uke. One of the best ukes I've tried! If you are on the wait list, definitely consider this combo!!

I just visited Chuck and tried his Spruce Macassar Ebony Uke. One of the best ukes I've tried! If you are on the wait list, definitely consider this combo!!

Love that Chuck is bringing his magic to woods other than koa. I bet that is a spectacular sound!

Top Bottom