Moore Bettah owners. Post your pics here

Though I don't own one of these, they are a joy to look at and, I am sure, pure pleasure to play. I don't envy those of you who own them, but instead am very happy for you. I have nice ukuleles too, just Moore Betta. So, post those pictures knowing that not everyone is jealous but instead enjoying them with you. I enjoy seeing what other people are playing, regardless of where in the overall "pecking order" the instruments may be. I just looked at the prices on the Moore Betta site, and they are right in line with my Ko'olau.

Tony

I just visited Chuck and tried his Spruce Macassar Ebony Uke. One of the best ukes I've tried! If you are on the wait list, definitely consider this combo!!

Photo. Because it happened. (Please rotate computer monitor 90 degrees to the right to view.)

Daniel's a great guy as I'm sure most of you already know.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 130
Though I don't own one of these, they are a joy to look at and, I am sure, pure pleasure to play. I don't envy those of you who own them, but instead am very happy for you. I have nice ukuleles too, just Moore Betta. So, post those pictures knowing that not everyone is jealous but instead enjoying them with you. I enjoy seeing what other people are playing, regardless of where in the overall "pecking order" the instruments may be. I just looked at the prices on the Moore Betta site, and they are right in line with my Ko'olau.

Tony

I have a Ko'olau CS also and a Milo/Spruce Moore Bettah....
your Ko'olau must be really special...what kind of wood did Noa use....

just wanted to ask since this is a Moore Bettah thread....:) don't take me too serious....haha

I have a Ko'olau CS also and a Milo/Spruce Moore Bettah....
your Ko'olau must be really special...what kind of wood did Noa use....

just wanted to ask since this is a Moore Bettah thread....:) don't take me too serious....haha

It is all koa and is quite an upcharge for the highly figured stuff. It is an absolutely gorgeous ukulele. It listed for $4,500, but I got it as a straight across trade for a Collings acoustic guitar that I have not played in quite some time, since getting my McPherson. My Ko'olau also has a factory installed active LR Baggs pickup wiht a small volume control just inside the sound hole. It sounds great either amplified or not. I really doubt that, in these price ranges, one ukulele is "better" than another, but instead more a matter of what suits a given player. A ukulele like these is a lifetime keeper, and I really can't see how anyone would sell something like these ukuleles. After getting one of these (high end Ko'olau, Moore Betta, whatever else may up in this price range), I would think it becomes all about playing rather than looking for another ukulele. Maybe not... :)

Tony

Here's the uke that Daniel is holding. Macassar with bear claw spruce and curly koa bindings. Ebony fret board and headstock overlay with fossil mammoth ivory inlays and fret position markers.

Attachments

• DSC_0042-2 copy.jpg
    DSC_0042-2 copy.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0046-2 copy.jpg
    DSC_0046-2 copy.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0053-2 copy.jpg
    DSC_0053-2 copy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0033-2 copy.jpg
    DSC_0033-2 copy.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 64
Here's the uke that Daniel is holding. Macassar with bear claw spruce and curly koa bindings. Ebony fret board and headstock overlay with fossil mammoth ivory inlays and fret position markers.

I have not seen this uke yet...but I think it is one of your best...Chuck you are Da Man...I know the tone will be right where it has to be for my ears...can't wait to hear it....Congrats on another beautiful MBU......:)

Last edited:
Every pic I have seen of Moore Bettah ukuleles has been a work of art. This thread serves to validate that statement even further. Well done!

Tony

Photo. Because it happened. (Please rotate computer monitor 90 degrees to the right to view.)

Daniel's a great guy as I'm sure most of you already know.

Oh wow wish I was there...oh man..I am so jealous...too bad I am not feeling well to go....shoots.. :)
Looks amazing as ever Chuckie....does this uke have a sister concertina....:)

boxes of chocolate.... :)
that might be a myth too....urban legend... haha

If the myth is true, I think Chuck is getting diabetes by now... Can you imagine how many people would send him chocolate?! LOL

If the myth is true, I think Chuck is getting diabetes by now... Can you imagine how many people would send him chocolate?! LOL

you are right don't send him Chocolate...but I think he growing his own now...:)

Definitely the finish is better than even last year's uke. Chuck always trying to improve.

Definitely the finish is better than even last year's uke. Chuck always trying to improve.

Yeah Daniel...I got to see the two new Moore Bettah's today...Chuck's ukes get better and better....

the only person better is Chuck tomorrow......:)

Yeah Daniel...I got to see the two new Moore Bettah's today...Chuck's ukes get better and better....

the only person better is Chuck tomorrow......:)

Were they at HMS? I keep checking The Ukulele Review site in the hopes that they will show a new video of a Moore Bettah. The only thing that rivals the beauty of these ukes is their sound, and when Corey plays them they are truly a sight and sound to behold.

Top Bottom