Moore Bettah owners. Post your pics here

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Chuck when I went to pick up this gem from him. He built my perfect uke. The only thing I'd change is to put a set of strings on the back. It's really hard to play when it's flipped around staring at the crazy ebony patterns!

We talked for many many months about inlays, and in the end, we (HE!) decided that the wood would be the star on this one. It's strung re-entrant, with a wound C string. Very comfortable to play thanks to the arm bevel and perfect neck profile. The note separation and clarity of tone up and down the neck is absolutely unreal.

4.jpg9.jpg7.jpg8.jpg2.jpg

Congrats, @niwenomian. I know Chuck loved building with that crazy "black and white ebony". You have a special uke there!

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I too saw pics of your uke on Chuck's FB page. What a magnificent ukulele!

Just spectacular, congratulations niwenomian. It must have been a real treat to visit with Chuck and pick up your ukulele. That would be the perfect way to see and hold this masterpiece for the first time. The wood certainly is the "star" on this ukulele.

My new Milo/Bearclaw Spruce Tenor

Here is my Moore Bettah starter Ukulele.
First ukulele I have ever owned or played...Starting at the top.
Named her "Laki Talisman" (from a comment Chuck made in an email)

David

Attachments

• MiloFullFrontSlightSide.jpg
    MiloFullFrontSlightSide.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 88
  • MiloBackBody.jpg
    MiloBackBody.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Congratulations Eddie, niwenomian and David on your absolutely breathtaking Moore Bettah 'ukuleles!

It's always a treat for the eyes to look at Chuck's incredibly beautiful instruments. I only had the chance of playing a Moore Bettah once, but this was a very impressive experience due to both looks and sound. Your instruments are stunning! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

Wow! Starting at the top is right! Congratulations on acquiring one of Chuck's beauties and welcome to the club. I would guess that is one way to deal with UAS before it strikes.

That is gorgeous, Behike boy! I love the fretboard, but can't quite make out the detail on the inlay. Do you have any pics that show the detail better? His choice of bindings and wood combos is so artistic. Just beautiful.

I'm guessing that you are unique on this thread for starting with an MBU, rather than finishing with one!

That is gorgeous, Behike boy! I love the fretboard, but can't quite make out the detail on the inlay. Do you have any pics that show the detail better? His choice of bindings and wood combos is so artistic. Just beautiful.

I'm guessing that you are unique on this thread for starting with an MBU, rather than finishing with one!

Some detail on the Hibiscus inlay.
And shows off the cool Rubner tuners

Attachments

• 7A19BB1E-0026-47ED-AEFA-5A035918C3FF.jpg
    7A19BB1E-0026-47ED-AEFA-5A035918C3FF.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 44
  • 3E1BC0E2-813D-4D1E-9AF2-603181A57332.jpg
    3E1BC0E2-813D-4D1E-9AF2-603181A57332.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 39
I love the hibiscus inlay. Looks like there's wood grain in the red petals, is it a reddish wood?

Thanks for sharing, that is a gorgeous instrument. Congrats and enjoy your strumming.

Oh my goodness—well, I new what to expect when I saw the name of the thread, didn't I?

I do not have an MBU. I can only attest to his awesomeness as a human being. Just today he fielded a question I had about an uke, probably the 10th time he's done so over the years. I'm just some guy on the internet. It's amazing a player of limited means and even less skill in California can consult someone of his stature. It's being able to ask Stradivarius what he thinks of the used mass-produced fiddle you are about to buy, lol... what a treasure he is to the uke world.

I have this one. Moore Bettah Rope Bound Koa tenor with koi fish inlay. 9W0A0790.jpg9W0A9926.jpg

Top Bottom