vintage auto racing

Harold O.

Reaction score
http://www.wheretheyraced.com

I wrote a book some years ago called Where They Raced. It started as my graduate thesis (Geography, Land Use Planning). More auto racing has taken place in southern California than any other place in the world. That's what the book is about. WTR has now been turned into an episodic documentary. Episode One went online today 2/12.

Since the producer insists on having me on camera, I have been scheming to work the word "ukulele" into the mix somewhere. We shall see.

ADD:
2/16, the second episode went up today. It features what I consider to be the most significant car in American auto racing history.

Last edited:
Totally cool, man!

Thanks for sharing that!
I grew up in Southern California, and I have been a racing fan as long as I can remember. I loved going to the Long Beach Grand Prix, and I do remember my dad taking me to Orange County raceway (now closed) and Riverside (also closed). I found out about vintage racing just before they closed Riverside, and did get to go to couple of Vintage events there, it was really cool to see Can-Am cars and 60's Corvettes, Mustangs, and Cobras battle it out. For me, the best thing about Vintage racing was that you could walk around the paddock and get very close to the action, they typically did not have the two fences and 20 feet of no-man's-land between those fences, you could just wander down to the corners and really get a nice view. I look forward to the watching the whole series!

Man ,....I loved that ! Keep it coming. Thanks.

Thanks, Guys. Interesting when people know people from one walk of life then discover that person has another whole side to them. We already know it's there, we just don't always get to see it.

On the videos, we didn't set out intending me to be the narrator/host/driver of the truck. But it has proven to be the most efficient way to get voice over work done and it provides continuity between episodes.

Glad to hear it's reaching you.

Top Bottom