Seasons of the Uke End of the Year Something?

Alright. Here's what we got so far:

Funniest Video
Most Excellent Host
Aloha Winner of the Year
Most Improved
Most Heartfelt Performance
Best Duet
Best Uke
Best Video With A Small Child
Best Vocals
Best Arrangement
Most Unorthodox Cover
Best Original
Style Award
Video of the Year
Bonus Video of the Year

Thats 15. Any that need to get reworded or changed? Any more categories you're dying to see?

these look fantastic Tina, run with it I say. Just a question, what is the category 'best uke' actually about? The most popular coveted uke by other seasonistas? :drool: Sounds fun anyway...he he.

What about a category for most popular theme?

How about, best Non-English video, Best instrumental performance, Best instrumental break in a non-instrumental performance, best multitracked performance, best non-player centric video (think wee ginga yin),

these look fantastic Tina, run with it I say. Just a question, what is the category 'best uke' actually about? The most popular coveted uke by other seasonistas? :drool: Sounds fun anyway...he he.

What about a category for most popular theme?

rephrase: how about Best Uke Playing? that could also encompass the instrumental uke-ness.

How about, best Non-English video, Best instrumental performance, Best instrumental break in a non-instrumental performance, best multitracked performance, best non-player centric video (think wee ginga yin),

Consider Best Multitrack and Best Non-English added. Do we really want Best Instrumental as it's own thing, or is that encompassed by Best Uke Playing? And I'm not quite sure what you mean by best non-player centric video, help me out on that one.

Suggested revisions/questions to clarify meaning:

Funniest Video
Most Excellent Host
Aloha Winner of the Year (is this the person who spreads the most joy/encouragement to all?)
Most Improved PLAYER SINCE FIRST SEASONS ENTRY
Best Duet or GROUP
Best Uke PLAYING
Best Video With A Small Child (performer or added feature, like Nongdam's jumping jivers)
Best Vocal INTERPRETATION
Best Arrangement (don't know how to judge that)
Most Unorthodox Cover (don't know how to judge that)
Best Original Song
Style Award
PEOPLE'S CHOICE Video of the Year (i.e., most popular, rather than finest ever playing)
PEOPLE'S CHOICE Bonus Video of the Year

Add: BEST USE OF A NON-UKULELE INSTRUMENT IN THE VIDEO

Funniest Video
Most Excellent Host
Aloha Winner of the Year
(person who spreads the most joy and encouragement)
Most Improved Player
(starting with their entry to the seasons)
(possibly better: Best Performance. Thoughts?)
Best Duet/Group
Best Uke Playing
Best Vocal Interpretation
Best Arrangement
(also encompasses most unorthodx cover, if you think about it)
Best Original Song
Style Award
Best Use of a Non-Ukulele Instrument
Best Non-English Song
Best Multitrack
Best Costume
People's Choice Video of the Year
People's Choice Bonus Video of the Year

That's 17. Do we want an even 20?

edit: possible additions. Best Video That Made You Go "Awww." Most Creative Video.

edit edit: best performance with a small child probably falls under best duet/group. I've deleted it barring protest.

Last edited:
I was thinking about things that folks put in their videos other than shots of themselves playing. I remember folks adding archival footage of trains during the railroad season for example. It's never been requested but some folks go the extra mile. I'm not married to this idea or even living with it but it's a thought.

Do we have a prize for the best/most fun/ season?

rephrase: how about Best Uke Playing? that could also encompass the instrumental uke-ness.

Consider Best Multitrack and Best Non-English added. Do we really want Best Instrumental as it's own thing, or is that encompassed by Best Uke Playing? And I'm not quite sure what you mean by best non-player centric video, help me out on that one.

I suggest dropping Best Costume. Only a few people do it. Let Best Style incorporate that.

Best Performance, Most Heartfelt Performance, What Made you go Awww... how about Best Total Performance and let voters decide which element was most important to them?

Possible additions:
Seasonista You'd Most like to Play Like (a general style, rather than a single entry)
Song You Heard for the First Time and Loved
Favorite Theme/Season would go to the host who thought of it

Oh, and I think 20 categories is plenty!

This all sounds too complicated for me. How about we all just go to our local pub or non-alcoholic drinking establishment of choice this weekend and buy ourselves a cold one?

I've never won anything at the Seasons, but love being a part of this community. It has certainly made me a better player, and I hope that eventually it will make me a better performer, too. I feel like I've found a whole new group of friends from around the world, who have exposed me to some wonderful music. Thanks, everyone!

- FiL

I suggest dropping Best Costume. Only a few people do it. Let Best Style incorporate that.

Best Performance, Most Heartfelt Performance, What Made you go Awww... how about Best Total Performance and let voters decide which element was most important to them?

Possible additions:
Seasonista You'd Most like to Play Like (a general style, rather than a single entry)
Song You Heard for the First Time and Loved
Favorite Theme/Season would go to the host who thought of it

Oh, and I think 20 categories is plenty!

Edited:

Funniest Video
Most Excellent Host
Aloha Winner of the Year
Most Improved Player
Best Overall Performance
Best Duet/Group
Best Uke Playing
Best Vocal Interpretation
Best Arrangement
(also encompasses most unorthodx cover, if you think about it)
Best Original Song
Style Award
Best Use of a Non-Ukulele Instrument
Best Non-English Song
Best Multitrack
People's Choice Bonus Video of the Year
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Play Like
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Play With
Best Theme For A Season

In bold are the ones I changed/added

Okay, to keep this from getting too complicated, I propose no more than ten categories, and they are:

People:

Most Excellent Host
Aloha Winner of the Year
Most Improved Player
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons With
Style Award

Videos:

Funniest Video
Best Overall Performance
Best Duet/Group
Best Original Song

I think that about sums up everything

Okay, to keep this from getting too complicated, I propose no more than ten categories, and they are:

People:

Most Excellent Host
Aloha Winner of the Year
Most Improved Player
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons With
Style Award

Videos:

Funniest Video
Best Overall Performance
Best Duet/Group
Best Original Song

I think that about sums up everything

So is this to be open voting on the forum on all ten categories or do we send our nominations to someone via personal message.
I already have a few folks in mind for the first section, the second section may require some more thought.

Great Idea and lets get the ball rolling

So is this to be open voting on the forum on all ten categories or do we send our nominations to someone via personal message.
I already have a few folks in mind for the first section, the second section may require some more thought.

Great Idea and lets get the ball rolling

I'm thinking probably send me nominations via pm and then I'll set up a thread with a link to vote on the top 3 nominations in each category (ie., the ones that were nominated the most). Should I start a separate thread with the basic rules and categories? or would you guys prefer open nominations?

How about this system?

1. Tina gives us a deadline for voting.

2. Each voter copies this list of categories as a note somewhere, then adds a Seasonista's name for each category. (You could leave some empty, like judges you don't know in a local election.)

Most Excellent Host -
Aloha Winner of the Year -
Most Improved Player (from first Seasons entry) -
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons With -
Style Award -
Funniest Video -
Best Overall Performance -
Best Duet/Group -
Best Original Song -
People's Choice Video of the Year -

3. When list is complete, each voter PMs the entire ballot to Austin1.
(PS--Do you have to BE a Seasonista to vote?)

4. Tina counts totals and announces a winner for each category.

I suggest that when you've concluded how you want to do it that you start a new thread with voting in the title.

Last edited:
How about this system?

1. Tina gives us a deadline for voting.

2. Each voter copies this list as a note somewhere, then adds a Seasonista's name for each category. (You could leave some empty, like judges you don't know in a election.)

Most Excellent Host -
Aloha Winner of the Year -
Most Improved Player (from first Seasons entry) -
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons With -
Style Award -
Funniest Video -
Best Overall Performance -
Best Duet/Group -
Best Original Song -
People's Choice Video of the Year -

3. When list is complete, each voter PMs the entire "ballot" to Austin1.
(PS--Do you have to BE a Seasonista to vote?)

4. Tina counts totals and announces a winner for each category.

I suggest that when you've concluded how you want to do it that you start a new thread with voting in the title.

This is a good plan--I'll start a new thread as soon as we clear up one thing:

In my personal opinion, yes, you should be a seasonista to get to vote. The UU Undies are for UU--you have to be a UU member to vote. I don't see why the seasons should be any different. What do you guys think?

This is a good plan--I'll start a new thread as soon as we clear up one thing:

In my personal opinion, yes, you should be a seasonista to get to vote. The UU Undies are for UU--you have to be a UU member to vote. I don't see why the seasons should be any different. What do you guys think?

i agree.:agree:

Top Bottom