Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High note

Default High note

Anyone else have trouble hitting the high notes like me? Just wondering, how do you work with a song full of high notes?
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Ukes:
    Taira (Lanikai LU-21TE/BK) [Signed and Enjoying]

Quote Originally Posted by Misguided Musician View Post
    Anyone else have trouble hitting the high notes like me? Just wondering, how do you work with a song full of high notes?
    take the chords -2 semitones, so i dont need to sing so high with it.
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

forhet that. i cant sing high. so i just use the lower octave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele_Junkie View Post
    take the chords -2 semitones, so i dont need to sing so high with it.
    yeah but I want the song in the same octave. I find it hard for me to adjust. Instead of altering the chords, is there a way to like alter notes when it comes to singing?
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Ukes:

yeah but I want the song in the same octave. I find it hard for me to adjust. Instead of altering the chords, is there a way to like alter notes when it comes to singing?
    Another way might be to just work ur way up to the high note by doing a falcetto instead of trying to bust the note outta the blue. That's all i know tho, i'm not much an expert at these things so thats all i can advise
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

I have a naturally high voice for a guy so High notes don't give me too many problems.. But if you practice and keep singing you can naturally extend your range. Just don't over do it because you can hurt your voice, sometimes permanently. So if the song is too high, try it in a different key.

Quote Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
    I have a naturally high voice for a guy so High notes don't give me too many problems.. But if you practice and keep singing you can naturally extend your range. Just don't over do it because you can hurt your voice, sometimes permanently. So if the song is too high, try it in a different key.
    Your lucky you can hit high notes. Yeah my friend said practice always helps. When I try singing high notes, my tonsils stick to the back of my throat and prevent me from singing high notes.Anyone have the similar problem or a solution perhaps?
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Ukes:

just practice hitting high notes
    -------------- --------------
    -------------------------------

I eat guitars for breakfast

Your lucky you can hit high notes. Yeah my friend said practice always helps. When I try singing high notes, my tonsils stick to the back of my throat and prevent me from singing high notes.Anyone have the similar problem or a solution perhaps?
    Hmm your tonsils stick when you sing? Its good to read all you can about singing, because there are many ways and styles to sing, but there are also many ways to sing wrong. It doesn't hurt to sing the high notes or anything does it?

One thing you can try is to warm up with some scales. Try this exercise: buzz your loops loosely together while humming a 5 tone scale. Go up in increments of half steps. Make sure you are using diaphragm when you are doing this with sufficient airflow. The lip buzz helps ensure that you are using enough air. On producing the tone just try to keep it open, free, and unstrained. The Brett Manning guy I mentioned earlier swears by this exercise and so do alot of other teachers. As always, don't try to go so high that it becomes uncomfortable.

hey thanx davoo. I'll try that. My friend took singing classes and told me this weird thing about a teaspoon of oil supposedly helps helps also. Anyone else wanna clarify this?
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Ukes:

Thread Information