Kamakas?

Reaction score
Hi, I've been saving for a few years and almost have enough money to buy a kamaka. I was wondering if anybody knows how much a tenor with a curly koa top, pickup, and maybe some fretboard inlay ( depending on price ) would be.

Welcome to the UU. No one can answer questions better on Kamaka pricing than Kamaka themselves - here is their contact info.... http://www.kamakahawaii.com/contact.html. Their base pricing is listed on their webpage - not sure what they charge for a wood upgrade. Currently they are not doing any custom work (i.e. fretboard inlay).

There are many dealers here on UU you could call.

I just ordered an HF-3 from Hawaii Music Supply (who was great by the way). I spoke with Music Guy Mike (MGM) when I called and he was very nice and helpful - he even answered the phone early - they are on HI time and I'm on the East Coast of the US so that was real nice of him too.

The uke came a few days later set-up with new Worth strings. I couldn't be happier.

I paid the list price of $1245 for the standard tenor - if you look around you may find them for a bit less (Gryphon comes to mind) and of course you can monitor the classifieds here for a used one. A used one was posted the day after I ordered mine. Now for a custom I'd just call Kamaka directly and see what they say.

Have fun, you are almost there.

Top Bottom